Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - 1950's Mallory Light Weight 7 1/2

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
This hat is EXTREMELY light weight. I'm shocked there isn't a sweatband stamp in the hat that says featherweight, or lightweight, because this hat is light as a feather. Overall the felt is in great shape, but as you can see in the pictures there are some moth divots on the top and bottom of the same area of the brim, I don't think it effects the hat too much, and look much darker in the pictures than they really are. 98% off all the sweatband stitching is intact. There's one little (pictured) area where the stitching has come undone, but it seems to be holding steady. The hat isn't as tan as the pictures show, its more like a lighter tan. This is a great hat and due to the couple of condition problems, I'm keeping the price low for a 7 1/2.

I'm asking $85 shipped to the CONUS.

Open Crown: 5 1/2 inches tall

Brim: 2 1/2 inches wide

DSC07633.jpg

DSC07635.jpg

DSC07636.jpg

DSC07637.jpg

DSC07638.jpg

DSC07639.jpg

DSC07640.jpg

DSC07641.jpg

DSC07642.jpg

DSC07643.jpg

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
When you say super lightweight, I'm picturing felt that pretty much wrinkles in your hand when you pick it up. That describles lightweight felt, doesn't it? Just curious.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
When you say super lightweight, I'm picturing felt that pretty much wrinkles in your hand when you pick it up. That describles lightweight felt, doesn't it? Just curious.

Not this lightweight felt. Before I steamed and brushed it, the felt was floppy from years of sitting around, but as soon as the steam hit the felt, it stiffened right back up. The felt is thin, light, and pliable, but has just enough stiffener to hold shape. Its the kind of felt that modern felt makers wish they could duplicate.

Ande1964

Practically Family
Thrilled to have this one headed my way. Thanks, Josh, for making a rare hat available to us big heads at a reasonable price.

Anj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany