Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For Sale, 4 Pair of Blackjack Custom Exotic Cowboys boots 10D

Lando

Practically Family
For sale here is the last of my exotic custom cowboy boots. Truth be told I should have gotten rid of these a while ago but I just couldn't bring myself till we decided to move. I became a dedicated runner before that, and my feet have spread out an entire width, making the standard D width impossible for me. So here are the last four pairs of custom cowboy boots. I came to own quite a few pairs about a decade ago when I was close friends with the owners of a local boot shop that got great deals from Blackjack. And now I present these boots to you here. At the end of the week I will have to put everything into storage as I will be preparing for a move, so these boots will only be up till sunday at the latest.

First up is a size 10D pair of grey elephant hide boots. Elephant on the lower section, and Black Cherry cowhide on the shaft section. Grey and Black Cherry is amongst my favorite color combinations. I've done it with boots, jackets and hats and it always looks good. The leather is perfect on these and the soles are just a little worn.

$200 shipped.

16300690636_8e7e952ec8_b.jpg

Next up is a 10D pair of Dark Brown Sharkskin leather boots. Sharkskin all over with a rubber grip added on the sole, so you don't get any of the slippage you normal get from leather soles. And, so I've been told, when the rubber grip section starts to wear through, you can have it removed and replaced without having to resole the whole boot. I think these are very cool looking boots, and only wish I had a pair of shoes in this same leather that fit me lol. These are practically new and would cost you way more if you bought them new from Blackjack.

$300 shipped.

16325768942_96f594fa8a_b.jpg

And then you have my gator tail boots. These are a 10.5D which actually makes little difference in the fit as oppose to being able to wear slightly heavier socks with them. They were my formal boots and have been worn to weddings, meetings and the like. Beyond that, the leather is perfect on these and the soles have pretty light wear. It pains me to let these go but they just don't fit what have become my very wide feet. It's such a joke, you start running to lose weight and your feet get fat lol.

$400 shipped.

16326637935_c70ab8ba38_b.jpg

Last is my more worn black Ostrich 10D boots. The toes are slightly scuffed and there's a paint stain on the one heal, but beyond that these boots will last someone a very long time. The leather is still good and they make great dress shoes, subtle personality is how I think of them.

$150 shipped

16140426999_dbc168435d_b.jpg

16326637975_3d676c90db_z.jpg

16324848281_8ab83c696d_z.jpg

I wore my Aldens for a long time as my dress shoes, but I started wearing cowboy boots when I was a kid and always alternated back and forth between them. Blackjack makes as good a boot as any other company can declare and I've gotten nothing but good wear out of them. I got married in my Blackjack boots lol. I hope somebody can get some good use out of these. Offers are welcome.

Thanks

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Geez, those gator tail boots look like armor! Really nice. I had a pair of ostrich skin boots in the past. They were like wearing gloves. I don't think people understand how comfortable cowboy boots are.

Lando

Practically Family
Casechopper - these are more narrow, especially in the toe section. I use to wear these with dress socks mostly. Comfortable, but a very different fit.

Grayland - the gators are actually pretty comfortable and soft considering some of the other boots I've had. The armored boots were an all black elephant pair with black cherry elephant inlay work all over them. Those were like armor. I gave those to a very tall blond bombshell friend of mine who is one of the few women I know who wears a men's size 10. And you're so right about the comfort. My Alden's were nice but I was always more comfortable in my cowboy boots. Maybe that's just me growing up with them.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If they weren't narrower in the toe then I'd be interested in the sharkskin and ostritch. My feet are probably too close to your current foot width for them to make any sense though. Good luck on the sale.

RJR

Lando,what do the sharkskin boots measure widthwise at the ball of the foot?Thanks.

Lando

Practically Family
Looks to be about 3.8 inches on the boot.

I use to wear these easily. Now I'm 4.5 inches across the ball of my foot lol.

They're all about 3.8 wide across, but they can stretch more with wear. Ain't gonna stretch to fit me anymore but some.

Lando

Practically Family
Only Gator boots available now.

All others sold.

Won't see a pair of Blackjack Gators for this low again.

ideaguy

One Too Many
grrr.... 10 1/2?? I usually take a 9 1/2, but 10's OK with Western boots-just don't think they'd work.
dam and double dam...really outrageous looking pair of boots-any way you could show us photos from
different angles??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW