Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - A special Cowry X Damascus folding knife

Naphtali

Practically Family
Like its scales made of mammoth ivory, this New-in-Box Russell K87-CW is also no longer made. This beautiful knife comes complete with original box and papers. Cowry X Damascus steel has the following characteristics.
1. It is composed of three layers of steel laminated via forge welding - in the same way Morseth's laminated tool steel blades were created.

2. Outer laminations are Damascus steel with a variation of 420 stainless steel being used. These outer layers are not intended as the blade's cutting edge. They exist for two reasons: aesthetics; and they allow the Cowry X center lamination to be extremely hard and wear resistant while maintaining a ductile [whole] blade.

3. Center lamination is Cowry X Damascus heat treated to HRC 65-67. Without being protected-assisted by its more ductile outer layers, this stainless tool steel would be too brittle to be an efficient knife blade.
The knife is large enough to be useful and small enough to be comfortable in a pocket. Until I became an EMT my other K87-CW was in my pocket for more than 15 years. With the exception of slight scratching of its outer laminations caused by touching up its edge, the knife remains pristine. I would expect like performance from this new K87-CW. My "carry" knife was placed in storage in favor of a much larger Chris Reeve Umnumzan with its integral windshield breaker.

Photographs are, in reality, high resolution scans by way of my elderly flatbed scanner. Any tiny artifacts in the graphics are defects in the scanner's glass.
Price is $575.00 shipped and insured in CONUS. Anyone living beyond the continental United States would pay actual shipping and insurance cost.

Questions? Ask and I'll do my best to respond.

joint--lock.jpg

top-open.jpg

right-open.jpg

left-open.jpg

right-closed.jpg

left-closed.jpg

Instructions-2.jpg

Russell-logo---box.jpg

Instructions-1.jpg

Instructions-3-page-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads