Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For sale, new Aero black Italian HH highwayman 40 red lining!

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I got this Si called trainee made black Italian HH butter soft highwayman 40 two weeks ago, with a red royal Stuart lining, simply amazing! This jacket is still on their trainee sales page, scroll down. I have not had a chance to wear it at all, I have to sell it cause there is only so much room and more Aero are coming in! This is biting the bullet because this jacket is perfect, made by a returning mechanics. So for peole who wants a ready to wear fashion/classic cross over jacket this is it. Still horsehide, pitch black, beautiful. I ask for $600. Thanks!

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I got this Si called trainee made black Italian HH butter soft highwayman 40 two weeks ago, with a red royal Stuart lining, simply amazing! This jacket is still on their trainee sales page, scroll down. I have not had a chance to wear it at all, I have to sell it cause there is only so much room and more Aero are coming in! This is biting the bullet because this jacket is perfect, made by a returning mechanics. So for peole who wants a ready to wear fashion/classic cross over jacket this is it. Still horsehide, pitch black, beautiful. I ask for $600. Thanks!

Have you obtained any measurements on this jacket? (I realize it is a stated 40 size)

Perhaps you could also post the link to the pictures of the jacket.

regius

shoulder seam to seam from front: 18
sleeves 25
front length fro base of collar to hem 21
back from base of neck to bottom 25
pit to pit 20

regius

the highwayman only looks boxy, they are NOT boxy jackets. they are cut to the older style of large arm holes and sharp angle sleeves attachment (like almost all Aero historical jackets), but if you zip it up, the chest fits true to its size, maybe the waist slopes down, that's true.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I wasn't suggesting it was boxy, but the 20-in pit to pit is very surprising. I'm a size 40 and have a LHB in size 38 (22.5-in P-2-P) and a 1930's Slim Fit HB (22-in P-2-P).

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
I'm stunned that the pit to pit is 20-inches - especially for a highwayman.

I have 2 Size 40 Highwayman jackets (FQHH) and neither of them have a 20" Pit to pit. Both of them are 24" Pit to pit.

I also have a size 38 medium steerhide, Pit to pit is 23 1/2".

I measured by laying the jacket flat, and flatening the side(underarm) panels so they are perfectly flat. Measured side to side at the point where the sleeve joins the chest panel.

regius

i remember how I took it, it makes no sense to measure a jacket laid flat out with the underarm stretched out, i know this is how many people do it, but this is pointless as the underarm area will never hug your chest, the only reason for this kind of measurement is if you want a jacket to be sprain paint on you. so I guess if anyone who's less than a 38 chest would find this highwayman to be too roomy, but again, the way a jacket fits would depends on your shoulder and back width too.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I have 2 Size 40 Highwayman jackets (FQHH) and neither of them have a 20" Pit to pit. Both of them are 24" Pit to pit.

I also have a size 38 medium steerhide, Pit to pit is 23 1/2".

I measured by laying the jacket flat, and flatening the side(underarm) panels so they are perfectly flat. Measured side to side at the point where the sleeve joins the chest panel.

24 pit to pit for a 40 is huge. Most of my 42's are 22.5 even my Aero.

regius

Ok, we may just have to accept the fact if your Aero is an actual order (not from the sales page), the jacket may not measure the same for the same tag size. Amanda did ask for measurments despite the tag size of 42. But, this highwayman IS a stock jacket.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
i remember how I took it, it makes no sense to measure a jacket laid flat out with the underarm stretched out, i know this is how many people do it, but this is pointless as the underarm area will never hug your chest, the only reason for this kind of measurement is if you want a jacket to be sprain paint on you. so I guess if anyone who's less than a 38 chest would find this highwayman to be too roomy, but again, the way a jacket fits would depends on your shoulder and back width too.

It may not make sense to you, but it is how pit to pit is measured and I find it tells me a great deal about whether a jacket will fit me or not. In the internet age, we have to have a standard measuring system to allow us to get a best guess of fit via photos. Most of us aren't lucky enough to be able to try on high-end leather jackets like Aero prior to purchase and it's damn expensive to return it to Scotland. I'm only asking as I'm interested in the jacket. I'm not a black jacket guy, but the red lining is awesome and I like the idea of a lighter weight HH.

**Don't be upset about the questions; it's keeping your thread at the top.

Of course the correct way to measure a jacket is by laying it flat and measuring pit to pit...then doubling that measurement. If the jacket is made correctly..that measurement includes your chest and back..or anything inbetween. That's why I usually stay out of these size and measuring threads..as some just can't seem to comprehend any simplicity..and would rather measure different than anyone else. No wonder many jackets are sold on..or returned to the manufacturer.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails