Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the Boys...and us girls too!

retromom147

One of the Regulars
RetroBabydoll said:
I couldn't agree with you more. That's a great idea about taking out an art book and looking through. I tend to get discouraged when looking through magazines and it does take a toll on what I think of myself. I grew up thinking that I was supposed to look like the girls in the magazines even though my mother didn't have that look. Plus having two sisters that are like models doesn't help. I need to keep reminding myself about the models of the past and to just own my curves.

Retrobabydoll...I think you look awesome! That hair pic of yours with your hair in rolls...WOW. I just saw a great body and gorgeous legs. You are one of my inspiration pics now whenever I get discouraged.
:) :D
I hope all the ladies of the world will one day realize that boney and bitchy IS NOT beautiful and we can go back to being accepting of every body type (including the naturally thin ones).
It's about time we did too because now we accept skin color, religion, sexual orientation, creed and personal beliefs....so why did we stop accepting beauty in all it's forms...that's just me, but I'm sure other's are wondering too.

carter

I'll Lock Up
No Rant Here Just...

I'd like to thank all the Ladies of the Lounge who have used Pin-up Art as their avatars. :eusa_clap

I believe that I have saved each and every one of them. :D

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Let's not forget..

Let's not forget our ladies in uniform either... When I was on active duty, I always said, "If a girl can actually look good in BDUs, she's gonna be a knockout when she's out of em!!"

You gotta love em!!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Badluck Brody said:
Let's not forget our ladies in uniform either... When I was on active duty, I always said, "If a girl can actually look good in BDUs, she's gonna be a knockout when she's out of em!!"
You gotta love em!!

Amen, Brother! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I got my copy already!

Great photographic work there, several poses were repeated but with different models (that's okay by me), and some really great knockout poses to boot. However, there were some models whose hairstyles didn't come close to looking period, much less like those on the Elvgrens. But then again, this is a modern interpretation of his work. After looking through it once (so far), my favourite one is "Wish you were near" featuring model Erica Ramos. Overall, I'd give the book two thumbs up! :)

retromom147

One of the Regulars
Badluck Brody said:

You gotta love em!!
I hear ya...and while there were some really gorgeous women in uniform...I have to admit I was definetely NOT one of them. Lol. I looked like a little kid! But the uniform, no matter the service does make many, many women look like an unintentional pinup.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the link Retro! I'm glad they are trying to bring back the look for the boys, this is a great thing!! I just love Elvgren and pinup art.

As pretty as the real models are, I still feel they're lacking the "posing" abilities of the girls of yesteryear, but I guess that comes with coaching too. Just the way they would push their rump out more, or tilt their knees together more while sitting, pointing the toe, etc. I can't really explain it, but I see it. Still very good tho!

I agree, the men's book isn't so hot. I'd like to see a more vintage look as well, guys wearing wife beater tanks and such. Can anyone say FEDORA?! LOL!

Carter I will have to look for that book!

Here are some of the original models for those Elvgren poses, drat! I forgot I can't list current ebay auctions, but the one for the unraveling sweater and the big heart holder are on there now. Here's the boxer one tho, it's ended!
http://cgi.ebay.com/8x10-ELVGREN-50...oryZ3899QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nikki

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Badluck Brody said:

You gotta love em!!

I concur. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL