Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For the true boozehound: show me your flasks!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I've seen a thread here addressing travel bars with some mention of flasks, but I'm wondering how many of you folks here have vintage flasks, how many of you actually carry them, and if you'd like to show them off.

I do carry a flask most times I go out for the evening to a show or a party, but it's not vintage and certainly nothing special. I'm very picky about what I'll drink and like to save the money. It's also pretty rare to see a gal carrying a flask, much less one with bourbon in it, so I find that carrying one has some special value.

I'm recently found a vintage metal flask that appears to hold more than a pint of booze. I may have to get it because a flask that huge is just downright amazing.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
For my buddy's wedding many years ago, he got all the guys in the party gold money clips. Except for me ... I got an engraved pint flask. I've got a couple other smaller ones around here too ... somewhere.

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
RevereFlask.jpg

My Dad's Reverewear flask from the Prohibition Era.

-dixon cannon

(Ok! I promise I'll polish it!)

Ugarte

A-List Customer
Flask with objects for scale

I like to travel with a flask of something, generally single malt. It's not that I like to get raving drunk, but a handy little nip of something can take the edge off the travel lag, unfamiliar surrounding, etc.

flask_1.jpg

It's just an inexpensive 6 oz. flask that came with a funnel, but I'm happy with it. I've got an even cheaper stainless 8 oz. that I bought in the camping department somewhere. I don't generally travel with the stainless.

Mark

Miss 1929

On the train to Reno...

and posed for effect, it was actually a great trip in three vintage cars with 60 friends in vintage!

Ladylike, purse flask with maker's Mark.
l_43afc1e3ef395e5e975ae78b43a42598.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
I have three of the things, two given to me in Norway by the better half's family and a very special silver engraved one given to me by my sister on the occasion of my 21st.

If I'm fishing, hunting or out in the bush I'll have one with me, with some scotch or cognac in it.

I'll try to take some pics of them.

dman

New in Town
I have never moved up to nice flasks. I usually buy mine in the camping sections of stores like Target. I've always wanted a little funnel though.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Great picture and quote Miss 1929. The Countess De Lave has so many great lines in The Women.

Miss 1929 said:
and posed for effect, it was actually a great trip in three vintage cars with 60 friends in vintage!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
It's a round leather case with the top zippered. Inside, if you can imagine the cyliner is equally divided into three flasks, three glass flasks with silver tops, so that you can have three of your fav tipples. Very vintage and in very good shape and at a good price, so I might just go back ;)

Please posts pics if you do! Sounds like a fun and unusual item.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
Not vintage but my two friends here and I used to do a lot of traveling together on planes pre-911. Now just local jaunts every now and then.
http://
P1011221-1.jpg

Miss 1929

Head shops!

dahliaoleander said:
Where can I get good vintage flasks like the one Miss1929 has.

Note: NOT EBAY.

How much does it hold, Sarah?

Or perhaps these days ( I am a product of the 70s!) they call them smoke shops. Regardless, you may have a hard time buying one as you are underage!

And it holds about 6 ounces, perfect for replenishing a cocktail once or twice.

THERE IS NO "H" IN SARA !!!

MissS

A-List Customer
Miss 1929 said:

From Sarah to Sara - wow, this is a beautiful picture of you!

Feraud

Bartender
Here is my flask. Marked 6 oz. but holds 8. It is the perfect hip pocket fit.
DSC05012.jpg

I want one of these-
Mike in Seattle said:
This one might be of interest to you. I think they should nickname it "The Lost Weekend" myself...
I would call it The Powell. William Powell used one in The Thin Man Goes Home but I think he was on apple cider by then..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran