Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For those into the amish style hats...a link!!

Dm101

A-List Customer
...I found an amish hattery that has an online store!
I plan to buy one of there telescope crown hats after the new year.
Shoot...do they celebrate christmas?
I might order it tonight...lol.
Little bit of christmas doghous-ery....

Oh, here's the link...in case you would like to get in trouble with me...hehe.
Happy Holidays!!
:D

http://dutchhaven.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=HAT-FELT-050&cat=21

I have three intercourse souvenirs ... they are all in their thirties now and will be over for Christmas.

Kids.PNG

Dm101

A-List Customer

Perry Underwood

One of the Regulars
Last edited:

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Hey, I have one of those Amish straws... purchased on a vacation in PA when I was a kid over 50 years ago! Here's one of the pictures I used in an oral report about hats I did in eighth grade (1968):

HATREP4.JPG

And it's great to see the amishcraft links for the fur felt ones. I knew there had to be better sources for these hats.

sila

New in Town
Hi all.
Is it possible to turn a soft fur felt fedora with a 3 inch brim into an Amish hat. And if so, what should the height be at the max and minimal?

Dm101

A-List Customer
WOWW. Looking good, my friend!
Did you do it by yourself and what are the measurements before and after the transformation. And please I want to know the brand of this hat.

Hahahaha...I have yet to begin modding this hat!
All I did so far was add some 20190103_132410.jpg
Inside and under the leather sweatband to make it fit my head, as I ordered it about 1/2 an inch too big. (Weather strip shores up the 1/4 inch gap on each side of my head)
Tonight I am braiding a paracord hatbad for it and steaming the brim to curve it down slightly in the front. I ordered the hat from the Lancaster Amish website in 7-3/8. I think I wear a size smaller than that.
The website link is: http://dutchhaven.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=HAT-FELT-050&cat=21

sila

New in Town
Lots of luck tonight!
I saw this hat on their website and noticed it is a wool felt. Why not a fur felt just like on site of Amishcraft?

Dm101

A-List Customer
haha, you are right.
when its finished, lets us see your result. Pictures taken from different angles (also the top!)

Will do!
I'll be taking pics at lunch today, indoors and outdoors.
:D
Last night I spent making paracord bracelets for my wife and son. They saw I had the paracord out and asked for new bracelets...lol.
So I wound up just wrapping the hat in layered paracord instead of brading another hatband.
Still need to secure the wrappings with thread, but it holds enough for now with the ends melted together.

Dm101

A-List Customer
Well, here are a few shots from right before lunch. Didn't get to take pics by the lake like I wanted, wife intercepted my lunch plans with grocery shopping.

Received two compliments on the hat, and a TON of looks. it's definitely a keeper.
I'll have to modify the leather sweatband though, part of it where the weather seal makes it bunch up digs into my head when I take off the hat. Not sure if I'm gonna cut out the offensive part or put some medical cloth tape over it...
ba0a12d3d4736836c9b30e238e4a6d90.jpg
d654e513f336b45713e500f3247b0f79.jpg
c99c7e485a6ab98c668fc225d93ce96f.jpg
09e0ff2874b70aeeaaffcba6053e5c6c.jpg
cb20f18ef66014a73f4781888b9f745a.jpg

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ