Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For those thinking of going to Montecristi

Panamabob

Call Me a Cab
Sharpetoys and I were talking about who would get first choice on the hats that you might want to buy.

I don't think you'll find a problem in finding any hats. This is generally how it goes...

From Rosendo Delgado...

He'll bring out a nice hat, but nothing spectacular and give you a quote...let's say $250.00.

He'll ask you if you really want to buy hats and you'd better tell him yes.

Next he'll bring out a better hat, but still not worth $250.00.

After he sizes you up a bit and you stay firm he'll start bringing out the better hats.

For some reason he brings out one at a time, generally.

From Flerida Pachay...

She'll welcome you in like you are old friends, offering Coca Cola and all.

She'll have 100s of hats to choose from and offer you fair prices.

You can counter offer and she'll make deals.

From Glenda Pachay....

This is shaky because it is Flerida's daughter. She won't sell under her mother's nose so we'll have to contact her about meeting somewhere.

From Pabicho Franco....

He's the most up front. Take it or leave it. He'll give great hats at great prices.

From Modesto Mero Pachay.....

He's a chicken when it comes to the finest hats, but he's the boss when it comes to everyday hats. You won't beat his prices anywhere in the world. He's perfecting blocking the hats with heat, muscles and sun.

From Geovany Mero Pachay.....

Modesto's brother. He'll undercut Modesto in a heartbeat and if he's, ummm, thirsty, he'll sell you a hat at price.

Jose Chavez Franco....

He's the wonderboy from the Lonely Planet book. The twerp sells Cuenca finer hats ($20.00 or so) and calls them Montecristi. He even stamps them and signs them like he was the weaver. We can stop in and say "Hi!"

There is another Franco, can't remember his name, but if he blocks your hat he might swap it out.

I've got another great contact on Cuenca hats so we'll have 2 factories to visit if we go up to Cuenca (which we should do). I'll also try to hook us up with my friend Charlie from www.cuencanet.com so those of you who fall in love with Cuenca will have someone who builds houses/apartments for when you expatriate yourselves.

If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask. If I'm not PC enough just let me know and I'll only sing the praises of the above mentioned people hahaha. I'm sure the little birds will be floating from Timbuktu to the S. Pacific to Montecristi and back to Ft. Wayne. We'll see how long the emails take. :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot