Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I'm loath to interject sexy into this thread but check out Shazza's new avatar......

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
Guns. If we go to someone else's home and they're a gun owner or enthusiast then that is there business. Two of my exes were, and I learned a lot from my ex who worked in a gun store, my feelings about guns are about my personal experience with them, not judging others. But I don't want them in my home, I hate the things.

Yesterday, my sister brought this kid over to her grad party and he had the gauged ears, tattoos, and a pro-marijuana t-shirt on. I would have flipped if that guy came into my home.

I've gotten to know a lot of people like this lately. To each their own. I can understand that some people had a past with them. I cannot imagine life without them, but we're in the gun business.

Guns. If we go to someone else's home and they're a gun owner or enthusiast then that is there business. Two of my exes were, and I learned a lot from my ex who worked in a gun store, my feelings about guns are about my personal experience with them, not judging others. But I don't want them in my home, I hate the things.

Miss Moonlight

A-List Customer
I really appreciate you understanding I wasn't making a judgment on those who like guns. :) I hoped I'd put it across right.

One more thing... ONIONS. So allergic, even the smell makes me sick. I said in the store tonight (to my daughter who pointed out an onion), "Oh no, I don't even want those in the house!" lol

No, no, I completely understand. It just fit into a conversation my brother and I had today. He thinks it should be law that every American HAS to own a gun. I said that would be as unconstitutional as saying nobody can have guns. He bawled me out and the conversation went on lol
I really appreciate you understanding I wasn't making a judgment on those who like guns. :) I hoped I'd put it across right.

Viola

Call Me a Cab
My husband and I have rather different ideas about what can't come into this home. lol

He banned "all white rooms - like living in an insane asylum" pink at all on anything "no pink, there are other vintage colours" "purple is nearly as bad" and seems to think I use "excessive amounts of green." Yellow is okay as long as it is practically ivory. Leather furniture is frowned on. So are pastel vintage-style appliances. Also banned were some WWII Allied propaganda and "chairs that hate bums."

I banned Star Wars posters, vertical blinds (not that he wanted them but he was content to ignore them) and something else I can't think of right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran