Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forbidden items in my home...

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
You mean like this?

sc003632c2.jpg

Horrid..just HORRID!

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I grew up in a family of rural subsistence hunters, and the whole concept of trophy hunting/trophy displays is really foreign to me. Plus I can't handle all the little beady eyes, staring at me, accusingly.

That's what I mean.... the beady little eyes .... staring and staring.... it makes one feel guilty ...

Poor stuffed owls are particularly bad when it comes to staring ...

I couldn't live with that across my desk, looking at me like that, when I'm at the computer, could you? :suspicious:

pic_1_948.jpg

Gracie Lee

A-List Customer
Just how do you know that she isn't already stuffed in the photo..? Even back then they could make them look very lifelike...my dear :eeek:

This reminds me of a Tales of the Crypt I saw as a kid... Husband stuffs wife's pets, wife stuffs husband.

That's what I mean.... the beady little eyes .... staring and staring.... it makes one feel guilty ...

Poor stuffed owls are particularly bad when it comes to staring ...

I couldn't live with that across my desk, looking at me like that, when I'm at the computer, could you? :suspicious:

pic_1_948.jpg

That owl is beyond creepy.

Lone Star Beer is some of the best darn beer I've ever had.

Stuffed Armadillo: Classic Americana

armadillolrg.jpg

I grew up in the hunting life. My cousin is one of the nation's best Taxidermists, and has rooms full of national and regional trophies to prove it. His extra mounts are on display here at my house. My Uncle was also a taxidermist, my great-aunt, and great-grandmother, also taxidermists, and Dad owns the gun shop, so hunting and taxidermy are big in our lives lol Ironically, Dad and I don't hunt anymore. Mom, brother, and sister do. My folks live on a 40 acre wooded parcel with a 5 acre pond. Deer and turkeys are non-stop in the back yard. We'd rather look at them than shoot them these days.

We always ate what we killed. But would do the mounts as well. Let me tell you, my mother makes the best fried squirrel you will ever have in your life!
I grew up in a small town. My grandfather hunted deer, ducks, moose, bear. My dad used to hunt deer also, but with a bow rather than a gun. My aunt learned to taxidermy and made a rack for two rifles/over-unders out of hooves/ankles of a deer for my grandpa once.
I'm not adamantly opposed to mounts, though I can't imagine I'd ever have one in my home. My biggest prejudice towards them are the association of mounts with the "Trophy Hunter" mentality where people go to far-flung corners of the globe to shoot something they have no intention of eating, just so they can say they went and shot it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran