Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum Upgrade -- POST ANY ISSUES HERE

W4ASZ

Practically Family
I think that since this is called The Fedora Lounge, Hats should be first, regardless of alphabetical order.

But, hey, that's just me. :)

Spock.jpg

Logical.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Don't know why, but I have experienced a couple of times that a post youv'e been writing on - and which perhaps has taken some time to write disapeares 'cause you have to log in again.

Here's the fix that works for me:
arrow.png

Seriously...after you've logged back on, hit the back a page button until you return to the post you were writing. Works like a charm.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Also, if you want to be extra careful, simply copy* your work if you think you've written long enough to be timed out and then paste** it into a post after you've logged back on. That's what I used to do before I discovered the magic of the back arrow.

* Left click to highlight, then right click and hit copy. ** Right click and hit paste.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
We are far, far more than "that forum for hat collectors.". The new forum organization reflects this.

We are The Keepers of the Culture of The Greatest Generation - worldwide.

It won't be changed back.

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
We are far, far more than "that forum for hat collectors.". The new forum organization reflects this.

We are The Keepers of the Culture of The Greatest Generation - worldwide.

It won't be changed back.

Then ..... perhaps ...

Changing title from "Fedora Lounge" to "The Keepers of the Culture of The Greatest Generation"? :D [angel]

( running and hiding under my desk!!! :coffee:

Foofoogal

Banned
I think it is nice. Showing nice vintage finds of other dealers. I cannot buy it all.

P.S. I changed my emails and such today and could not post for about a day. I panicked. I love this place as one can tell.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
It will increase the pool of competitors I have to deal with as a collector. I wouldn't mind so much if I knew these items were going to people who will really appreciate them, but more often than not they don't.

Since politics are banned, I won't go into my philosophical thoughts on who and who doesn't appreciate these things.

I am also one of the people still sore about the "right" to post live ebay auctions on the Fedora Lounge.

buler

I'll Lock Up
It will increase the pool of competitors I have to deal with as a collector. I wouldn't mind so much if I knew these items were going to people who will really appreciate them, but more often than not they don't.

Since politics are banned, I won't go into my philosophical thoughts on who and who doesn't appreciate these things.

I am also one of the people still sore about the "right" to post live ebay auctions on the Fedora Lounge.

Your not the only one. There are a lot of people who feel strongly about this subject. I just don't see why its necessary. Plus I really don't feel like I can truly express my full opinion on this because I don't think "constructive criticism" is met with the right attitude.

B

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab

Your not the only one. There are a lot of people who feel strongly about this subject. I just don't see why its necessary. Plus I really don't feel like I can truly express my full opinion on this because I don't think "constructive criticism" is met with the right attitude.

B

You guys aren't alone

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender

No one can control this, anyway. If someone has the cash, they are going to buy it. Come on, you know that. Sure, it sucks nails if they are going to use whatever as parts for some suckie crafting project, but they bought it, they own it. Only thing you (on anyone else) could have done was pay more money for it.

Plus I really don't feel like I can truly express my full opinion on this because I don't think "constructive criticism" is met with the right attitude.
B

So what is the right attitude? Im curious about this. Im also curious at seeing many people who haven't ventured out of the hat forum commenting on the changes site wide. HI everyone :)

These forum changes/decisions are above my pay grade, but I have to say I am glad that now there is a dumping ground for all the links and stuff that people want to post to things instead of them being seeded into good content threads. Saves me work in having to remove them.

Hey, I'm a collector too, and I get not wanting the competition, but tough. The prices of my collecting niche have doubled in the last 6 months (thanks Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire). But I still collect and chances are if they are a member of this forum, they probably already know about it.

LD

Foofoogal

Banned
Huh? I am a collector first and foremost. I love to help people find things.
Helped moderated The Haul since about 2003 with another dealer on Auctionbytes. This helped people identify stuff way before many of the other helpful boards.
It is about loving vintage. If this stuff is not preserved it will end up in a landfill. The more younger collectors learn about vintage the more chance of it being respected, preserved and wanted.
The reason I think personally so much stuff has been repurposed is many do not know what it is they are doing.
Some do but many do not IMHO.
To each his own I guess. One doesn't exactly have to get out of any room here I don't think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points