Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Forum Upgrade -- POST ANY ISSUES HERE

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Not everyone who buys a vintage item is doing so for the joy of collecting. Good for you, and a lot of people here that we are. But there is no way to vet or monitor someone's reason for purchasing an item. All one can do is pay more for that item.

Price governs the sale of an item, rarely do good intentions.

LD

Corky

Practically Family
Personal Message Management Tools Less Than Helpful

The other day, I was trying to figure out how to save some messages or move them to a folder and to delete the rest. The user interface or directions on how to do this were either missing, hard to find, or simply not intuitive.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
I also oppose The Vintage Finds and Deals Thread for Auction listings. Whatever your personal philosophy, functionally it is the "Maximize Inflation for Vintage Finds" thread. This site does that quite vigorously enough without this addition. Sellers from this site already have the Classifieds to boost personal receipts. Sure, many(plenty) of items are easily found and the price moves accordingly. Others are discovered with some major time and effort and naturally everyone loves to find a bargain-or at least a reasonable price occasionally. I prefer the sharing of such finds be left on a person to person(s) basis(which I often do). Also potentially a shill free advertisement section.

Of course-eventually it will become cluttered and useless anyway require its own search to find anything in particular. Ended Auctions may fall to the bottom of the list- but so do items remaining available.

Last edited:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Please stick to the purpose of this thread - spotting and reporting technical issues with the forum upgrade. Most such issues seem to be worked out. The remaining small items are in process.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Now that you brought this up...

I know this has been addressed before but is there a chance that we will eventually have all the old smilies restored? The new ones are not just plain ugly to look at, they're even hardly recognizable for what they are.

Last edited:

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
That will probably have to be re-created, unless somebody has it saved here. Still trying to find it.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Please stick to the purpose of this thread - spotting and reporting technical issues with the forum upgrade. Most such issues seem to be worked out. The remaining small items are in process.

Best to rename it and perhaps have a second thread for just "ANY ISSUES".

Perhaps also consider a more open minded attitude to what may be disturbing a sizable number of members who make substantial contributions to this Forum(or just general popular sentiments).

Last edited:

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Well, it's buried somewhere on a secondary hard drive on mine, as I just pulled up the shortcut, and it's still associated with it. Any idea what directory to look for it in, or what the filename might be?

Brad

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Dig through the browser's temporary internet files and it should be in there. Should be called favicon.ico.

kenmcneill

Familiar Face
Is this it?
fedora_lounge.gif

If it is, you can get it as an .ico file from my server
Ken

Last edited:

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Brad had it, but that works as well. It should be up and fixed for everybody.

Smilies ought to be working now too. I also added a bunch of new ones.
:p;):D:(:):eek::eusa_doh::cool::eusa_clap:rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21