Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fraternal Regalia collections?

Ben R.

New in Town
I have a growing collection of Masonic regalia. My grandfather gave me his ring, which I now proudly wear as a Master Mason, as well as a number of screw-back pins, a pair of cufflinks, and his 25-year pin from the Grand Lodge of Ohio. He keeps his 50-year pin in a frame along with a photo of me pinning it to his lapel. The inherited items are the best, though I have bought things here and there. If there's interest, I'll post a picture or two.

- Ben

Teekay44

One of the Regulars
I have masonic pins, tie tacks, tie clips and lapel pins from 3 generations. Most if not all is from the 1930 and 40's. Plus a ring I wear that was my great-grandfathers (1917). I also have my grandfathers bible when he was raised. (His apron is with him now in the undiscovered country) My lodge assimilated with another so I have some of the aprons with the number of the old lodge that I was raised in. My wife has her grandmother's, mothers, my grandmothers and great grandmothers eastern star jewelry

TK
Lodge 43
Lancaster PA

Ben R.

New in Town
Hello, Brother!

I neglected to mention that I also have my grandfather's apron and certificate of membership from Grand Lodge. He's also a Grotto member, and I have his fez. I'll be joining the Shrine soon and will have a fez of my own. I went to a local hat shop, one of great repute, for a measurement. Get this: I was told to order a 7 and 7/8. Big melon. I typically wear a 7 and 3/4. Big melon.

TraderRic

One of the Regulars
I have just started my own collection of masonic items. Aside from my presentation apron I have a very nice one with all the working tools embroidered on it (white on white). I made a ribbon on which I put all my pins. I wear different suits/jackets all the time and I don't want multiple holes in my lapels. On this ribbon I have this years Grand Masters pin from VA (where I live), the DDGM's pin from RI (where I attended lodge while at school for 6 mos), and my grandfather's 50 yr pin on a blk velvet backgroung with a sprig over it. I also have a beautiful silver watch chain w/ working tools fob and knife. And, of course, my ring which is stainless steel with a bronze die struck medallion of the alter. This was purchased from jemsbyjim.com. He makes some fine pieces and is based in Houston (and on ebay). I'll take pics of the lot but won't be able to post them until I get into port and find an internet cafe. I just don't have the bandwidth to work with photobucket out at sea.

Eric Sisco
Suffokl #30
Suffolk, VA

RBH

Bartender
Here is my Past Masters apron from my year in the East,1997.
hpim1857js9.jpg

I also have a Odd Fellows pin that was my great grand fathers, and I have his badge from the Woodmen Of The World from 1917. At that time it was still mainly a fraternal group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy