Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free Antique 1950's Binolux Binoculars 7x35 1000 Yards, Leather case

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here's another Free Item from Vintage Betty.

I am offering these Free Antique 1950's Binolux Binoculars 7x35 1000 Yards, Leather case. These are in well-loved condition, but they are perfect for a vintage event where you want to carry binoculars but don't want to worry about losing the binoculars. Leather case with compass. Number 58646. Approximately 6" x 6".

Here's the requirements:

If you have served or are serving in the US Military as a Veteran, Active or Reserve Status and are a MAN, you can enter. Simply post what branch of military you served/are serving in. Dates of service are optional. Volunteer activities (Civil War groups, etc) do not qualify. I will ship anywhere in the world to anyone who has served.

I'll have my husband pick a name from a drawing Sunday night, March 4.

If you are a lady, or don't fit these qualifications, have no fear. I will be posting many other items, and will be certain to include something you can win in the future. I just don't have a lot of men's items, and wanted to give the guys a chance.

Vintage Betty
binocular1.JPG
binocular1b.JPG

binocular1c.JPG
binocular1d.JPG

binocular1e.JPG
binocular1f.JPG

binocular1g.JPG
binocular1h.JPG

binocular1i.JPG
binocular1j.JPG

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Oh...pick me.

I served in the United States Navy stationed on board the U.S.S. Dwight D. Eisenhower CVN-69... I was a Damage Control Man which basically ment I put out fires should they arise on board in the middle of the ocean. I was in the middle of putting out a rather awful jet fuel fire when I fell down a flight of steel steps and dislocated my knee cap. When I was taken to the naval hospital and from going in and out of being awake I heard the doctor tell the corpsman to simply move my knee cap back into place then 6 weeks later it turns out that the corpsman just put my leg in a cast and my knee cap healed wrong and had to have surgury done on it. After 5 more months of physical therpy I was told that I could no longer be on board a ship... which is why I left the navy. If I could do it all over again knowing the outcome would be the same... I would in a heartbeat. One of the GREATEST experances of my life serving my country.

-JX

Weston

A-List Customer
Currently in the USAFR, training for the Chaplaincy. 2nd Lt. and proud to wear the uniform of our fighting men and women, and support them around the globe. Love the binoculars by the way - they look like a set my grandfather used to have!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Senior Master Sergeant, United States Air Force, Retired
21 June 1980-30 August 2005

My wife is a retired Technical Sergeant, she did 20 years.

Cheers,
Tom

The Wingnut

One Too Many
USAF Reserve Airman 1st Class (promoted today from Airman!), sworn in Dec. 8, 2005(day after Pearl Harbor Day - historically accurate), entered basic training March 1st, 2006. BMT Honor Graduate, April 14, 2006 as an Airman Basic. Distinguished Graduate from Sheppard AFB Tech School KC-135 program July 14th, 2006. Currently serving as an apprentice KC-135 crew chief with the 940th Aerial Refueling Wing at Beale AFB in Marysville, CA. Going overseas for the first time 3 weeks from now!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And the Winner is....

Tango Yankee!

Please PM me with your address so I can ship these to you.

To all participants: I appreciate your sacrifice and efforts and this was my tiny little way of saying "thank you".:eusa_clap

Thanks everyone for participating.

Vintage Betty

----This thread is now closed------

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Many thanks!

They'll be used and appreciated!

Thanks again,
Tom

P.S. In recent years I've had many people thank me for my service to my country, which has been a great change from when I first came in and had obscenities shouted at me when I was on the street in uniform. While I appreciate the sentiment I've always considered it an honor and a priviledge to be allowed to serve; indeed, I felt it was my calling. Retiring was difficult for me even though I knew the time had come. A year and a half later I still have dreams in which I am in uniform. I miss it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21