Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FREE Ladies Clothes - 1950's

Snookie

Practically Family
I've got a few items I'm giving away. They're all in pretty good condition. Any ladies who live in the Los Angeles area and are willing to come pick them up get first pick, as I'd rather not deal with mailing things (and then you can try them on). Shipping costs will be the winner's responsibility.

#1. Denim Jeans, approx 1960's? Waist: 28", Hip: 41" (pretty small waist for the size of the hip) No label, says "Carousel*Itsy Bitsy" on the button. Legs are very long, see pictures. Will probably shrink over time.

#2. Pink Ragan Mock Turtleneck Sweater, approx 1950's? Bust: 38"(unstretched). This one and the sweater below were among my first vintage purchases!

#3. Pale Green S/Slv Cardigan W/ Contrast collar and neck tie, 50's?. Bust: 34"(unstretched. Missing bottom button. Very short, see picture.

#4. Red/White checked dress. Homemade, 50's? Bust: 39", Waist: 29 1/2", Hips: free. Needs a slip, would look best with a petticoat.

Let me know if you have any questions about these items. Sorry about the large size of the images, Photobucket's new editing software takes a million years and I couldn't handle the wait.

DSC01100.jpg
DSC01104.jpg
DSC01114.jpg
DSC01116.jpg
DSC01117.jpg
DSC01103.jpg
DSC01113.jpg
DSC01118.jpg
DSC01108.jpg
DSC01109.jpg

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Can you measure the rise from the crotch to the waist on the jeans, and also the inseam length? I am VERY interested and more than willing to pay shipping plus a few extra dollars thrown in for your time.

I wish that red and white dress fit. I LOVE dresses like this and have wanted one for quite awhile. Alas, the bust is way too large for my tiny girls.

Snookie

Practically Family
KittyT said:
Can you measure the rise from the crotch to the waist on the jeans, and also the inseam length? I am VERY interested and more than willing to pay shipping plus a few extra dollars thrown in for your time.

I wish that red and white dress fit. I LOVE dresses like this and have wanted one for quite awhile. Alas, the bust is way too large for my tiny girls.

Front Rise: 13 1/2"
Back Rise: 15 1/2"
They're really tall! (the crotch isn't low, either, they just come up really high!)
Inseam: 34 1/2" I don't recommend hemming them, I think they were deadstock and I've only washed them a couple times, so I'm sure they'll shrink a lot more. But hey, it's free, you don't have much to lose!

The dress is really too big for me, too, I bought it thinking it could be my token 50's dress, but it's not quite right. [huh]

Snookie

Practically Family
Ok, I can't take away all these things from you nice girls, I guess I'm going to the PO!

#1 blue jeans - for KittyT if the Measurements are good
#2 pink sweater - for retrogirl1941
#3 mint cardi - for Pink Dahlia (sorry Cherry Bomb - she sent me a PM within 10 minutes of the listing last night!)
#4 checked dress - for DeadPanDiva

Pls. send me a PM with your address, I'll try to send these items out within the next 2 weeks (please be patient! I just realized that my next three weekends are super busy - rare for me!)

Also, send me any good shipping tips - I never ship, so I'd like to learn the tricks of the trade. At least nothing can break.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
I think/hope the jeans will fit. I'm still interested if they're still available. Let me know and I'll PM you my info!

Kitty

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Man, did I miss the boat on this! :( Oh well. Kitty, if the jeans don't fit, I'd like to try 'em.

Of course, if I end up with the jeans and they don't fit, I will offer them to another Lounger for the same price (FREE!)

Snookie

Practically Family
Hi KittyT, the jeans are yours...send me your address, and I'll try to get everything out in the next week. I've got everyone else's info.

My husband's going to be very happy to see this pile go...I wouldn't donate it to Goodwill, and I just can't be bothered to sell it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21