Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Free Shaving Cream

Johnnysan

One Too Many
First, thanks to Brian for his generosity in making his samples available here to members of the Fedora Lounge! I have to echo what others have said, the "sample" is much more than I expected.

I am usually hesitant to experiment with my beard, having developed my shaving regime by trial and painful error over many, many years. But, given the rave reviews, I wanted to take the leap and I'm glad that I did.

The scent was very nice...not overpowering or offensive in any way. The lather was quite good and provided for a very close shave despite three days worth of stubble. After rinsing, my skin was noticeably smooth...as though there was a moisturizing quality to the soap itself. Definitely a quality product that will have me coming back as a customer!

LuckyKat

Practically Family
I finally got the chance to use the shaving cream today...it was a lot "creamier" than I'm used to...I usually use a foaming gel, so I enjoyed the change, because the cream brought more conditioning to the skin, like a lotion.
At first the smell was a bit intense, but when I put it on my face it dulled down a little into a nice fragrance. During the shave I found it easier to keep it a little moist on my face in order for it come off easier.
It did stick to my razor (modern 4 blade razor) a little more than I would've liked, but next time I'm going to try my 40s single blade Gillette.
The cream that was left on my face was a little harder to wash off than a foam, but because it worked like a lotion, I didn't mind it. My face feels very conditioned & smooth.

Thank you!

***I'm going to send you a sample of my friends Pomade: DAPPER MAN, made from an original 1930s formula!***

Can you send me your address again, Brian?

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Lucky,
Can we assume that you simply slathered on the cream sans brush of any sort?
I suspect you being a canned goo type of fella that was the case. I'll tell you that it lathers wonderfully with a shaving brush, and I have used both beaver and badger hair brushes with great success with Brian's creation.

LuckyKat

Practically Family
rmrdaddy said:
Lucky,
Can we assume that you simply slathered on the cream sans brush of any sort?
I suspect you being a canned goo type of fella that was the case. I'll tell you that it lathers wonderfully with a shaving brush, and I have used both beaver and badger hair brushes with great success with Brian's creation.

I will use my brush w/ my vintage razor next time, but I applied it with my hands & lathered.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Hand Lather

I too have applied it with my hands :eek:

I have forgotten my brush on one or two occasions for drill weekend.

It's definitely designed for use with a brush. :D

ghoz

New in Town
Could any sample fly to Belgium?
All your posts seem to be impressively positive about this cream!

I love to try creams and should this one be good, we could then import some and sell through our online and local retail store...

Feraud

Bartender
The almond cherry cream is a hit. The smell is very pleasant and I wouldn't mind if remained longer after shaving.
It lathers up nicely but I've discovered my technique could use some practice and refinement.
The cream provides good lubrication for shaving. If I go easy I can shave against the grain on my neck for a closer shave w/out much irritation.
Thumbs up on the product. Thanks for sending the sample.

SGT Rocket

Practically Family
Thanks again!

Thanks again for the great reviews guys!

Sorry Ghoz, I'm actually all out of samples right now. :(

I'm hoping to have a website up in about four more weeks though. You can check it out and I should have some for sale.

Thanks!
Slygi

Ande1964

Practically Family
My Humble Review

I don't know if I can add to the more knowledgeable reviews that have already been posted, but I'll offer what I can.

This shaving cream was a revelation for me! I have used shaving brush and cream products before, but it was a long time ago, and they were nothing like this product. I was expecting a dry cake that would create a modest froth. What I got was a luxuriant cream that easily makes a creamy and substantial froth.

I actually tried the cream with a straight razor, but I don't think that's for me. I was too nervous and slow. I got fantastic results with my Gillette multi-blade thingie and a cheap brush (better one on the list for Father's Day).

Others have remarked at how little cream it actually takes to get a good lather. That is very true. I actually have been able to just whip up whatever was left in my cup and brush the next time I shaved, and it worked pretty well. I realize this is probably horrific to shaving purists, but it worked okay for me.

I think I have a pretty strong sense of smell, and I thought the scent could actually be a little stronger. I wouldn't change the makeup of the scent, which I think is lovely. I just wouldn't mind if the scent lingered a bit more.

Anyway, thanks for the great sample. I genuinely look forward to purchasing this product.

Best,
Anj

Ande1964

Practically Family
Badger

Just added a badger brush to my shaving tools. At first I had a cheap brush I got in a kit. I was shocked by what a difference it makes. Much more lather and foam. Well worth the investment.

My sample is running low, though. I'm gonna have to resort to Art of Shaving products pretty soon!

Anj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner