Freewheelers Jacket #5 San Mateo

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dudewuttheheck, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Monitor

Monitor

I've already commented on this jacket, not really my cup of tea, a bit too much all around for my taste and that's of course my 100% subjective opinion and I otherwise think it's an impressive piece of leather, one that is a statement in every possible way. A LOT of work went into this jacket. But...

...just no way, man. The jacket was objectively too small for Carlos and when it was announced you bought it, I did wonder how it'll look. I have to say that now, seeing it being worn by someone who's suppose to wear it, I actually like it a lot more than before. It seriously fits you perfectly. Like, couldn't be improved upon.

2. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 Call Me a Cab

I guess I'm agreeing with most comments; this is my favorite of your collection! Perfect fit.

I admire you and @Carlos840 collections. If I knew what I know now I would have put all my money into a few choice jackets all from Japan. I like the way you have chosen this path. Nicely focused. Freewheelers are Art.

I just posted two Freewheelers in another thread. They are on ebay. One is a 42 beauty, but not confident I can wear it. Not confident I can afford it. Hard to look away from them, nothing like them I know of.

Maybe I'll sell off a bunch of mine and do some serious shopping. I've been able to buy a few Japanese brands that fit me. It isn't easy but worth the effort.

3. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

Terry, I'd like to see FW San Mateo on you, am absolutely sure it'd look superb on you Sir!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  4. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Thanks! I will try to live up to it :D

No I don't right now, sorry. I should do that sometime though.

Thanks. I do agree it's a pretty badass design and I think that after my weight loss, it is my best fitting jacket. My favorite is still the Sunset, but this one is the best fit. It looks good unzipped, but zipped is over the top good IMO.

Haha thanks man! Maybe it's just my lower height that makes me think it's not as good on me, but I appreciate that. I am pretty thrilled with the fit. The measurements suggested it would be good, but it fits even better than expected.

I agree. I think @tmitchell59 would be able to rock this jacket. Perhaps just be patient like me and find one used for sale?

tmitchell59 and Lebowski like this.
  5. jglf

jglf New in Town

Congrats on the weight loss. It’s amazing how much better clothes looks on people after they lost any excess weight.

dudewuttheheck and Lebowski like this.
  6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 Call Me a Cab

Honestly this is an incredible jacket, and you simply sport it in the very best of style! I could not pull off the collar myself, but hey, you do, it looks tremendous on you. Freewheelers should indeed hire you as their model, and your photography is second to none. Thanks for sharing this joyful find with all of us.

dudewuttheheck likes this.
  7. jeo

jeo One of the Regulars

Fits your beautifully!

IMO your black jackets are your best.

8. Robbie79

Robbie79 Practically Family

Congrats and well done! Really really nice jacket and fits you well. Looks better zipped.

9. Colin G

Colin G Practically Family

What is like like all buttoned up?

dudewuttheheck and navetsea like this.
  10. Ayeteael

Ayeteael New in Town

Another great jacket. Well done. As Derek from dieworkwear preaches, jackets look best worn open. Have you considered wearing slimmer denim with this one? Seems slimmer-fit denim would pair well, but ymmv.

11. Lebowski

Lebowski Practically Family

dudewuttheheck and willyto like this.
  12. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Thanks! I have definitely been noticing as I drop the pounds.

Haha that would be pretty cool, but I am not holding my breath. Thanks for the kind words!

You aren't the first person to tell me that interestingly. Thanks!

Thanks! I agree it looks better zipped.

I still need to take that shot.

My legs are too short for me to look good in slim denim IMO, even with my weight loss.

Such a beautiful jacket.