Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Freewheelers leather jackets

Proffset

New in Town
I really like the Talon Zipper without an opening at the top.

All the original leathertogs i have seen had either the same buckle that FW used or an even worst wire buckle.
It's just what Leathertogs used to use back then...

Complaining about a reproduction being too accurate is a bit weird, maybe in the future learn a bit about your heroes before you meet them.

BQuSt23.jpg

MTS

Familiar Face
Jacket looks amazing to me! I understand being sad/upset not having everything used on it such an expensive jacket being "top" notch. But as more informed individuals have already said, I guess it's just the buckles thst have always been used.

I say if it fits and the only thing that bothers you is the buckle...just forget about it and enjoy the jacket! Don't let a simple buckle deprive you from enjoying such a beautiful jacket

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 454539
View attachment 454540
View attachment 454541
View attachment 454542
View attachment 454543
View attachment 454544
View attachment 454545 View attachment 454546 View attachment 454547 View attachment 454548

After seeing all the other awesome FW La Breas here. And many long searches later. I found an used one on Yahoo Auction for a little over what a new RC jacket would cost.

Don't meet your heros. The high expectation of these (when new) $3k uber jackets will always end in disappointment and mild depression. I have a section on my rack for these jackets. Even at used price it hurts. This is the last time I buy into these uber jackets. F my habit. Don't meet your heros.

Congratulations.
Such a La Brea in narrow and long would also please me.
Since I would also accept the buckle ;-)
But I can understand that. If I have other expectations in mind and other demands, then I am of course disappointed by something like that.
The only thing that helps is to inquire beforehand (which I unfortunately do too seldom myself).

willyto

One Too Many
I see nothing wrong with that jacket. It's gorgeous and well made.

The pricing is something you have to accept from Japanese made products. It is what it is.

Mister Rivets

One of the Regulars
How do you clean deerskin? I have a Darius vest that is stained in yellow ochre deerskin. Pictures o big to upload

Wolfer

New in Town
What do you guys think about the fit? Aren’t the sleeves to short?

Attachments

• A2E8790C-829F-4C21-B972-9C3134E56D8C.jpeg
    A2E8790C-829F-4C21-B972-9C3134E56D8C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 194
  • A01E1D16-AAD3-4B8E-86CC-405FED2287E6.jpeg
    A01E1D16-AAD3-4B8E-86CC-405FED2287E6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 204
  • F5EC8F74-A0B4-47D4-8022-48304EE7906F.jpeg
    F5EC8F74-A0B4-47D4-8022-48304EE7906F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 181
  • D632F845-40F6-40F0-AA98-0D9381E4ECB1.jpeg
    D632F845-40F6-40F0-AA98-0D9381E4ECB1.jpeg
    904.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 06DC296B-370E-4B23-B618-C82CCE115B70.jpeg
    06DC296B-370E-4B23-B618-C82CCE115B70.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  • 4FE3F989-A613-47FC-A36F-B38E5405E5F0.jpeg
    4FE3F989-A613-47FC-A36F-B38E5405E5F0.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 136

sweetfights

It's a killer jacket.
But yes, too short.
Unfortunately, Freewheelers changed the sleeve length post 2019 production.
I was fortunate enough to get the longer sleeves design. Unicorn status. But I had to pay handsomely for it.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Yes they are too short for my liking.

Did you buy the 44 that was for sale here?

I’ve tried the 2022 size 44 version, and that’s about how the sleeves looked on me. They were at least an 1.5” too short unfortunamely.

Wolfer

New in Town

I’ve tried the 2022 size 44 version, and that’s about how the sleeves looked on me. They were at least an 1.5” too short unfortunamely.

No, not yet, was about to try how its fit. The jacket Is fabulous, my hands are out of this planet. Hopefully new 2023 batch gonna have longer sleeves. Do we know when to expect new batch?

Brandrea33

One Too Many
No, not yet, was about to try how its fit. The jacket Is fabulous, my hands are out of this planet. Hopefully new 2023 batch gonna have longer sleeves. Do we know when to expect new batch?
They should be out right around now. I believe it was early April when I bought mine.

I’d ask the seller to measure the jacket and send you pictures of the tape so that you’re clear on actual dimension’s. I’ve learned this the hard way over the last couple of years lol.

Wolfer

New in Town
They should be out right around now. I believe it was early April when I bought mine.

I’d ask the seller to measure the jacket and send you pictures of the tape so that you’re clear on actual dimension’s. I’ve learned this the hard way over the last couple of years lol.
Thank you mate, that would be great, really appreciate that

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
@Wolfer everything except the sleeves looks good, which is unfortunate because as someone already said, that means you can't size up to fix the sleeve issue. I also would not expect the next run to have longer sleeves. Even if they did, they would not be long enough to meet your needs.

Wolfer

New in Town
@Wolfer everything except the sleeves looks good, which is unfortunate because as someone already said, that means you can't size up to fix the sleeve issue. I also would not expect the next run to have longer sleeves. Even if they did, they would not be long enough to meet your needs.
Thanks for reply mate. Well yeah, I need to find a way how to live in this world without freewheelers leather jacket :D

Aloysius

All the original leathertogs i have seen had either the same buckle that FW used or an even worst wire buckle.
It's just what Leathertogs used to use back then...

Complaining about a reproduction being too accurate is a bit weird, maybe in the future learn a bit about your heroes before you meet them.

BQuSt23.jpg

Seeing how beautifully tapered this cuff is makes me wonder what a Fine Creek Leathers version of it would look like. Maybe it could double as motorcycle breeches. :D

What do you guys think about the fit? Aren’t the sleeves to short?

They are too short indeed.

I made a thread myself about jackets we keep around even though they don't fit… but the key thing is mine cost me less than half the retail price (at the Schott factory sale)–if I had paid full price, or Freewheelers price, I would move it on.

It's a killer jacket.
But yes, too short.
Unfortunately, Freewheelers changed the sleeve length post 2019 production.
I was fortunate enough to get the longer sleeves design. Unicorn status. But I had to pay handsomely for it.

Did you do the Freewheelers custom jacket option? I think Carlos said it costs 100,000 JPY on top of retail? Seems like it can backfire sometimes, like Jason Momoa's Freewheelers, but a sleeve extension shouldn't be too hard.

sweetfights

Seeing how beautifully tapered this cuff is makes me wonder what a Fine Creek Leathers version of it would look like. Maybe it could double as motorcycle breeches. :D

They are too short indeed.

I made a thread myself about jackets we keep around even though they don't fit… but the key thing is mine cost me less than half the retail price (at the Schott factory sale)–if I had paid full price, or Freewheelers price, I would move it on.

Did you do the Freewheelers custom jacket option? I think Carlos said it costs 100,000 JPY on top of retail? Seems like it can backfire sometimes, like Jason Momoa's Freewheelers, but a sleeve extension shouldn't be too hard.
I did not go custom however I paid the USD price in Canadian dollars then had a Japanese acquaintance (for a large fee) ship it to me here in Canada.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana