Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: 1953 Blue Double Breasted Subtle Fleck Suit 40R 34 W 31 L

mattface

Practically Family
That's awesome! Probabaly won't fit me, so I don't have to feel as bad about the fact that I can't aford it, but... Wow! Awesome suit!

HardBoiledMarlowe

One of the Regulars
Michaelshane, I'm rather fond of the tie, as well. It's a staple of my regular wardrobe.

mattface and Mr Vim - I'm glad you like it! It is the first pre-1970s suit that I ever owned. I scrimped and saved for this one when I was in high school.

Good eyes, Dakotanorth, Johnny and Gene! I see what you are speaking of. Upon further examination, I found a couple of pinholes in the lining on the right-hand side of the suit near the bottom button. They appear to be remnants from where it was originally attached. It has been moved about an inch. The suit is just as I purchased it, and I probably never noticed because my waist has always been a little wider than the standard jacket-to-pant ratio.

dogrocketp, unfortunately, I don't think there's a tailor in the world that can make this fit me again; however, I probably should have some discipline and get back into "fighting shape." Snug may not have been the best descriptor, as I am now significantly larger. I've been keeping this suit around for a long while now with the intention of dropping weight and being able to wear it again. I don't think that will happen in the foreseeable future, so I'd like someone else to have an opportunity to enjoy it as I have.

Last edited:

mattface

Practically Family
I've been keeping this suit around for a long while now with the intention of dropping weight and being able to wear it again. I don't think that will happen in the foreseeable future, so I'd like someone else to have an opportunity to enjoy it as I have.

I did the exact same thing with this 1920s 3 piece DB suit. Bought it as a graduation present to myself when I graduated college. I was probably at my thinnest in my life at that point, and I finally had to admit to myself that barring major illness, there's no way that suit was ever going to fit me again, and I should pass it on to someone who could actually do it justice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL