Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Akubra Federation IV (59) – Carbon Gray - $80 + shipping

Viktor

One of the Regulars
Love this hat but it fits me loose. It fits like a very loose 7 1/4. I bought it around 8 months ago and it hasn’t shrunk to fit me snug.

I’ll post some pictures soon. The hat is clean with no sweat stains. I’m open for trades of the same style and color in size 58.

davidraphael

Practically Family
It's odd that it didn't shrink. I'm 58 but also bought 59 as recommended. It was waaaay too big when it arrived - literally over my ears. I used the padding provided and a few months on I can wear it, even without the padding.

<==================== My Fed IV

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Try a different padding? Such as tissue paper, or something of the sort? I am not sure of what kind of padding Akubras come with, but I use some paper towels in my Borsalino, and it does wonders, since you can practically pick how thick you need the padding, and what areas you want it to go in the sweatband.

davidraphael

Practically Family
The Feds come with a foam strip, but paper towels are a great idea because, like you say, you can define your own thickness.

Hats use to come with thin strips of cork that you could build up in layers.

I'd be more tempted to experiment with padding a 59 than buy a 58, which may ultimately shrink to become too tight.

All that aside, I'm certainly tempted by your offer, though I probably couldn't go higher than 80 incl. shipping (where are you by the way? "Land of the Rising sun"? Japan?)

Viktor

One of the Regulars
Location Okinawa Japan. EMS Shipping is best for internationl and it's cheaper vs Priority Mail.

I prefer a tighter fit especially with all these unexpecting winds we get, I don't like chasing hats :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I hear you on that, Viktor. Around here, we can have gusts that can go 60+. It becomes ridiculous at times... The wind only seems to show when I want to wear a fedora.

Good luck with your sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner