Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Bill Kelso "Duke", size 44, seal brown Victory HH

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Selling my Bill Kelso Duke. Size 44, seal brown, Victory Horsehide. I've worn it out of the house about a dozen times, so it's still in pretty close to new condition.
Brand new, this would cost $1238 plus shipping, plus whatever the wait period is at BK these days. So, I'm asking $1100 shipped, o.b.o.

20140415_172507_resized.jpg

20140415_172446_resized.jpg

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Hi guys, thanks for the interest. Measurements are:
pit to pit 24
shoulders 19
back 25
sleeve 25 3/4

As far as weight, I'm not sure. I also own a Lost Worlds HH Trojan, and that one is around 4oz leather if I recall correctly. The BK feels considerably more like "clothing" than theLW, lol. The LW is over 3 years old, and still stands up on its own. The BK was soft and supple right out of the box. If I had to guess, I'd say 2.5 to 3.0 oz.

If it helps, I wear a Brooks Brothers 43R in the Fitzgerald cut, and a 16/34 BB slim fit dress shirt. The BK fits me perfectly, while still leaving room for some layering underneath.

BK has some pics of my jacket before it shipped out over on their FB page. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.727697990593828.1073742011.540638042633158&type=1

Last edited:

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
Just realized my email address on file for the Lounge is one that is no longer in existence. I just updated it now. Please send me a pm or re-send to the new email address, and I'll respond asap.

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
It's sold.
I sold it because I'm short on funds and long on jackets, lol. The Duke and my LW Trojan were the last two nice leather jackets I had in my closet, and as a motorcyclist, the heavier duty LW jacket was the one I decided to keep.

BK's Victory HH is super nice. Their seal brown is a beautiful color (my photos don't do it justice). It's soft and supple yet still strong, although nowhere near as heavy duty as my LW HH jacket. The Victory HH lives up to everything BK's Andy Falzon said about it. As far as nicer/nice-ish leather jackets go, I've owned Schott/Legendary USA, Vanson, and Lost Worlds Jackets. I'd put the craftsmanship below LW, more in the Schott ballpark. I'm going to miss it - it was a really good looking jacket, and very comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24