FS: Eastman Luftwaffe 44

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by regius, Dec 16, 2019.

1. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

I decided to say goodbye to my horsehide ELC Luftwaffe (Luftwaffe label) today, for needing the fund for the BK custom jacket. I truly pampered this jacket & dedicates it to only the finest occasions, i.e only wore it when dining out on a date. The cut & the black leather and the Shiny Riri is so tuxedo-like, I did not wear it any other times. Had the jacket for four years now, pockets & lining still clean.

Size 44.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Shoulder 20”.
    Pit to pit 23”
    Sleeves 25”.

Has Eastman typical tapered sleeves & a beautiful blouson cinch at the waist.

$400 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SinSir, ton312, seres and 2 others like this.
  2. erikb02809

erikb02809 One of the Regulars

I'll take it. Sending you a pm to arrange payment and shipping details

nick123 likes this.
  3. CBI

CBI One Too Many

knew this would not last long, a beauty of a jacket!

erikb02809 likes this.
  4. erikb02809

Regius, just let me know if the message didn't go through. Thanks!​

5. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

SOLD

robrinay likes this.
  6. ausreenactor

ausreenactor One of the Regulars

Need to swing by here more often.. Bargain indeed.

7. Juanito

Juanito One of the Regulars

Damn...I have been looking for one of those for years, specifically a 44 with the Luftwaffe label. I need to check the classifieds as much as I do on the VLJ site.

tropicalbob likes this.
  8. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

VLJ doesn’t seem to be Tapatalk compatible. Making it much harder to use...

9. erikb02809

Jacket arrived today. There's no way I would've guessed it was a four year old jacket. Could pretty much pass for new.

This is the first Eastman I've handled in person, and overall, I'm pretty impressed. If I'm picking nits, the stitching attaching the main zipper is slightly irregular on the inside (both left and right) if you're looking really close, but you'd have to be looking for it to spot it. Stitching everywhere else on the jacket appears to be stitch for stitch perfect, top to bottom, front and back, which is pretty uncommon in my experience. I've owned a couple Thedis over the years, a couple Schotts, a few Vansons, and one LW, and I'd rank the stitching on this one overall to be 2nd only to LW. It's very well done.

The leather is very, very nice, and also a lot lighter than what I've become accustomed to. Not flimsy, but light, and very comfortable. There's a subtle mismatch in grain between the front left and front right chest that adds pleasant character visually, and the grain throughout is really cool. Hard to describe, but it's like simultaneously super smooth yet also grainy. And very soft, and very shiney. No flaws or damage to the hide from the manufacturing process (holes, skid marks from the foot of the sewing machine, etc).

The blue velveteen lining is also super comfortable. All the snaps and zippers work smoothly. Regius was very prompt with all communication, pleasant to do business with, and shipped it super quick.

I think, for $400, I really made out on this one. Really happy with the jacket, and the fact it also happens to fit me perfectly makes it a keeper in my book. I'll probably repost this review in the outerwear section along with some fit pics if I get a chance to take them sometime, but in the meantime figured I'd do a short write up here. Thanks Regius!

regius, Marc mndt and steve u like this.
  10. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

You are welcome! It is one of my favourite. The hide was all smooth, so the grain was developed over the years. I never expected it to develop like
    This. The jacket is very dressy, you can wear it to a formal dinner even, very German army-ish, discipline, shiny, clean lines.

11. beckster

beckster New in Town