Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Field Leathers modified "Route 66" Café Racer (sz 44)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
You want to skip Greg´s queue?

This jacket is perfect, perfect, perfect - for a guy slightly shorter than myself.

I am posting this with a heavy heart. It´s just that critical one inch too short for me (despite what all you guys have assured me of; I just don´t wear it any more). The quest for the perfect CR continues; I was almost there.

- Black Shinki with a substantial hand
- Blue lining, blue stitching
- No. 8 main zipper (if you know, you know)
- two vertical inside pockets with stud-closing

Measurements (pls. see pictures):
- P2P: 23,5"
- Shoulder: 19"
- Sleeves: 26,4" (24" straight down)
- Lenghts: 25,2"
- Hem: 21,3"

Asking EUR 900 plus shipping.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
GregR663.jpg
GregR664.jpg
GregR665.jpg

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
so nice. I remember we got ours back to back. I made the same mistake for my preference. I should have included another 1 inch on the front drop. I think cafe racers look better longer. It's not game changer, but I do find myself tugging down through out the day when I wear. But I do usually wear low rise, so who knows. GLWS. This is a great jacket to pick up at this price.

stook1

New in Town
Ughhh, so tempting. The P2P seems a little big for me but it's otherwise close to perfect. Re-measuring my other jackets.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
so nice. I remember we got ours back to back. I made the same mistake for my preference. I should have included another 1 inch on the front drop. I think cafe racers look better longer. It's not game changer, but I do find myself tugging down through out the day when I wear. But I do usually wear low rise, so who knows. GLWS. This is a great jacket to pick up at this price.

I know! Can’t believe I am passing this on. I was debating this with myself for more than a year now. The hide is so nice. Perfect balance between a substantial heft and everyday wearability.

Angry at myself for specifying the wrong length. Absolutely zero fault of Greg’s!

Kaff Racers are tough to crack. They do look so simple, but it’s actually pretty hard to get everything just right.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Still for sale, and a good chance to beat Greg´s queue.

Will lower the price soon, but will give right of first refusal to those who already made offers. Just saying, in case you´re on the fence...

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
What's that in Australian dollars I wonder.....
No harm in dreaming...
TFL-friends from abroad are always entitled to a favourite rate of exchange (other than USD, who is giving a good whipping to the EUR as of lately...).

Bigbawz

New in Town
Well done Sir.

I already have Simmons Bilt cafe racer in goat and Schott horsehide and Fidelity steerhide variants.

That particular wing of the wardrobe was full !

Yours sure was lovely tho' !

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Well done Sir.

I already have Simmons Bilt cafe racer in goat and Schott horsehide and Fidelity steerhide variants.

That particular wing of the wardrobe was full !

Yours sure was lovely tho' !

Thanks much. It is a great jacket. Pretty much perfect, if the dimensions are right!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ