Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: late40s/early50s Stetson Twenty-Five OR style 7 1/8

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
I've decided to sell this early OR-style Stetson Twenty-Five since it's a bit too tight on my cranium. It's way too beautiful to sit on the shelf without being worn.

This is one of the hats that have all the specifications of an Open Road without actually being marked as such. What makes this particular hat rather special among the OR/OR-style Stetsons is that it's obviously one of the earliest specimens, adting from the late 1940s or early 1950s (excluding the pre-WWII wide ribbon Open Road, which was a different hat model that had the same marketing name). The felt quality by far exceeds the later ORs.
The sweatband is unusually thin and pliable, more like a Borsalino sweatband leather. Also, the felt color is of the cooler-tempered variety that actually looks close to true silverbelly, not tan.

Edit:
One more thing: the dark spot on the upper right quarter of every pic (visible in the open crown profile shots) is due to a scratch on the camera lens. There are no dark spots on the felt anywhere.

Specs:

- US size 7 1/8
- 5.5" open crown x 2 3/4" brim
- Windcord intact and without any stains
- Pristine open crown, can be dry-creased any way you want
- The felt is in excellent condition, as is the sweatband
- The only signs of wear: The sweatband edge has some abrasion, but the leather is still very pliable. Also, the gold color print on the liner is slightly but evenly faded; it still shows the entire imprint/relief on the silky liner. Not sure if it's actually silk, but it looks very much like it - the same type of liner that we've seen on many 1940s Stetsons here on the Lounge, quite different from the later (late 1950s) Stetson liners.

I'm asking $205 including worldwide shipping from Germany.

PM me if you're interested. For those of you who have not enough posts to use the private message system (the required number would be 15 posts), just post your interest in this thread and I'll get back to you.

P1100279_zpsd7441d07.jpg

P1100280_zpsff19cf50.jpg

P1100281_zps9dc1fff6.jpg

P1100288_zps3463000a.jpg

P1100291_zps52ee7dba.jpg

P1100290_zpsfffdd91f.jpg

P1100294_zpsaaad4219.jpg

P1100298_zpsc7360338.jpg

P1100296_zps67afae7c.jpg

P1100284_zps20661618.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
The picture below taken outdoors is the most color-accurate image. Below that, the collage of my collection to see other shades of light gray and silverbelly for comparison. The OR-style Stetson is in the 3rd row, 5th hat from the left.

StetsonOR25late40s-early50ssilverbelly_zps94624f98.jpg

Full-hat-collection1_zpsf17b14f4.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Dropped to $180.- including worldwide shipping.

The Knox Twenty (see my signature) is also still available. No need to bump two threads, is there? :)

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
This early model of a Stetson OR-style Twenty-Five is still available for $175.- including worldwide shipping.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
We have a bit of an unusal situation here. I haven't heard back from the chap who said he'd take this hat; that was six days ago.

Sir, if you're out there, I can't rule out internet connection problems, health issues or whatever might hold you up to send payment or to answer my messages. I hope you're o.k., and of course you're still free to buy the hat. I don't mind holding the hat until payment can be made, but I would like to hear from you.

With that in mind, I declare that this hat is available again.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Just for the tally books, I still haven't heard a single word from the aforementioned chap, so the Stetson OR 25 is definitely and positively
still available.

The price is $150 shipped worldwide from Germany.

See Rabbit's May Sale for all of the hats out of my collection that are currently for sale in the Classifieds.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
This Stetson OR-style 25 is still available for $150.- shipped worldwide from Germany.
This is your chance to grab a very early specimen of this hat model in an excellent felt quality.

Ormazd

One of the Regulars
I wish I wore a 7 1/8. Your prices are always very reasonable. Can't believe no one has snapped this up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner