Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS - Nice Borsalino 7 3/8

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I picked this Borsalino up recently from the bay. It's a very nice, clean lid with one small problem that doesn't affect the hat at all. It has five or six broken stitches in the sweat close to the front of the lid.

I already have two Borsos I bought in my size that were too small when I received them. I bought this 7 3/8 hoping it might fit without having to send it to Optimo to be resized, but the hat is too big for me. This hat is just too unique and beautiful to compromise it by replacing the sweat. Therefore, I am offering it for sale. I would like to recoup what I paid for it or as close as I can so I am asking $420 insured and shipped CONUSA, but I will consider any reasonable offer.

Thanks for looking, and if you require additional info or pictures, please PM me.

IMG_0677.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

Ande1964

Practically Family
Bob,

Do you have a good guess on the hat's actual size? Could you provide either circumference or just measure the hat opening front to back and side to side?

Also, crown height and brim width?

Thanks,
Anj

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I would buy it but Art is just finishing up my first VS fedora and the wife would not be pleased if I made another purchase in that amount. But its a beaut!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bob,

Do you have a good guess on the hat's actual size? Could you provide either circumference or just measure the hat opening front to back and side to side?
Also, crown height and brim width?

Thanks,
Anj

Thanks for the inquiry. The hat fits me as if it is true to size. Optimo measures me at 7 1/4 plus 1/16 LO, and their hats are on the mark. This lid fits me like 7 3/8's usually do...good from from to back, but gaps on the sides. I could pad it, but I don't like wearing padded hats.

The hat's inside measurements are 6 13/16 wide and 8 1/16 long. I always find it difficult to measure circumference, but these measurements should give you what you need to calculate it.

I measure the brim at 2 7/8 and the crown at 6" open. Also, I counted six broken stitches in the sweat.

Congrats on your first VS, Johnny. I know you will enjoy it.

By the way, the Dobbs box is not included in the deal.

Last edited:

Ande1964

Practically Family
Darn. It's a glorious hat, and I would be tempted to stretch it up to my 7 1/2 LO size, but I don't like that much brim.

Good luck with the sale, and thanks for providing the measurements.

Best,
Anj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy