Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Panama Bob Monetcristi/Fawcett Blocked Fedora

sonorlite

New in Town
Almost new 500+ weave Montecristi from Panama Bob with blocking by Art Fawcett. 7 5/8 long oval. $245 shipped.
fedora3.jpg
fedora2.jpg
fedora1.jpg

SteveN

One of the Regulars
Size Conversion from Centimetres?

Does anyone know how to convert from centimetre sizing to inches? I wear a 58cm in Akubra. Converting that to inches gives me 23". Something must be wrong...

Cheers,
- SteveN

carter

I'll Lock Up
There are 2.5 centimeters to an inch.

58 divided by 2.5 equals 23.2 inches.

Why do you think something is wrong?

A 7 5/8 hat is 61cm. If this is what concerns you, this hat is too large for you.

SteveN

One of the Regulars
Hmmm. I guess the question then is what does 7 5/8 actually mean? I suppose if I'd actually done the conversion the other way 'round I'd have realised that it can't be the circumference in inches.

So, just what does the 7 5/8 measurement actually indicate?

Cheers,
- Steve

carter said:
There are 2.5 centimeters to an inch.

58 divided by 2.5 equals 23.2 inches.

Why do you think something is wrong?

A 7 5/8 hat is 61cm. If this is what concerns you, this hat is too large for you.

Hoss & da Posse

One of the Regulars
SteveN said:
Hmmm. I guess the question then is what does 7 5/8 actually mean? I suppose if I'd actually done the conversion the other way 'round I'd have realised that it can't be the circumference in inches.

So, just what does the 7 5/8 measurement actually indicate?

Cheers,
- Steve

US hat sizes = circumference/pi...for example, the circumference around my head is 23 5/8"/3.14159 = 7.52 or a size 7 1/2...class dismissed ;)

thomasrodd

New in Town
How do I contact Carter about the Stetson size 8?

I can't figure out how to contact Carter about a Stetson size 8 he listed for sale in the classifieds. Help appreciated.

carter

I'll Lock Up
thomasrodd said:
I can't figure out how to contact Carter about a Stetson size 8 he listed for sale in the classifieds. Help appreciated.

Thomas, You can't PM me because you don't have 15 posts yet. I still have the Black Pinnacle in size 8. Make a few more posts and I'll check the thread in classifieds. Carter

carter

I'll Lock Up
Help the Seller

Bartenders, Now that SteveN has been instructed in hat sizing, how does the poor seller get his original message back to the top of this thread? Should he start over? Thanks, Carter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick