Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Schott Perfecto leather jacket sz. 48

Good day.

Up for sale, Schott Perfecto leather jacket. Earlier 125 / Multipocket model, side laces, longer kidney panel, etc. This style comes without a belt. I think this is Schott steerhide though I can't be sure. Heavy jacket.

This jacket was bought in NYC years ago. Woman that I got it from wore it for a few years back then when these jackets were fashionable but it's always been way too large for her (comes to no surprise, considering it's a size 48...) so it's been hanging inside a wardrobe for years. Decades, perhaps. I bought it a month ago because the price was good, and I also had this bright idea of having it tailored into a perfect Perfecto but right now I'm not overly keen about going through with my plan because I just can't find anyone capable of doing this properly where I am, so rather than risk ruining a perfect leather jacket, thought that I would give it a spin here and see if there are any takers.

It's a worn jacket, but there isn't a single issue with it that I feel should be pointed out. Actually, there is one - chain pull on the right hand-warmer fell off. See photos. The zipper is working perfectly, though. Other than that, the jacket is just fine. As good as it gets. Again, it has seen some wear but there are no nicks or scratches anywhere on it, let alone holes or road rash. Just creases from wear. Stitching intact... Really a great jacket with decades of life left in it.

So, all zippers operational (other than the missing chain pull on one), snaps too. Clean pockets. Still has that lovely Schott jacket smell, even.

At a size 48, this is a GIGANTIC jacket. Measurements are:

P2P: 25" / 63 cm
Waist: 23" / 58 cm (or more, due to side laces)
Back length: 26" / 66 cm
Sleeve length: 26.5 inches / 67 cm
Shoulders: 21-ish" / 54 cm or so

Looking to get 150GBP, with shipping included to Europe. For international shipping, ask.

Photos...

...and plenty more in here: http://s866.photobucket.com/user/DogLizard/library/125

That's that. Any questions at all, write. I'm more than happy to help. I'll happily take any additional photos of the jacket so let me know if there's anything you'd like to know about it.

Cheers!

My lousy camera makes it shinier than it is, for some reason... It's actually closer to being mate, can't say why it turned out this shiny. I'm getting the same effect with and without flash. So yeah, it's more like Aero's FQHH and definitely not this shiny. This makes it look like Schott HH...

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Up for sale, Schott Perfecto leather jacket. Earlier 125 / Multipocket model, side laces, longer kidney panel, etc. This style comes without a belt. I think this is Schott steerhide though I can't be sure.

125 is cowhide. For steerhide the model number is 625.

625, then! :D Thanks Joao! There's virtually no difference between the two, other than the hide. Lining is different, too. That would explain why it's shinier than cow. Man, those photos are such crap... I should take better ones.

By the way, if anyone wants to trade, I'm all for it!

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
You should have checked the ticket inside the change pocket. Schott Model number is there.
The only main difference between the 625 and 125 is the hide used.
That must me a jacket to be sold on European market based on liner and leather inside pocket.

That must me a jacket to be sold on European market based on liner and leather inside pocket.

Just checked the tag, it's the 635 model. Never heard of that one before but apart from the lining, it's virtually identical to my old 625 which was unquestionably bought in the States. Oh, and the inside pocket is kinda neat as it can actually serve as a double pocket. These jackets are just so nice! You can adjust the waist and at the same time use your own belt.

Bunyip, Nope. No inside zipper nor buttons nor nothing you could attach something to so no; no zip out lining on this one. :)

Some versions of this Multipocket style do have it, though... Why's it called Multipocket, anyway? It's not that it has more pockets than the regular Perfecto.

To the top. C'mon fellas, cheapest Perfecto on eBay, not to mention that the shipping is included in the price. :D
Flawless condition. Well, apart from the chain pull.

By the way, I've checked with Gail, this jacket is from the 90's. So it's not even that old.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
This is a seriously good jacket at a crazy price! It's a tad small for my chest, otherwise I would be all over it. I'm surprised it's still available, particularly from a trusted seller!

Bunyip, thank you! :)

ButteMT61, out of curiosity, is it larger or smaller than a standard 48? I'm asking because, I know I'm scrawny, but this jacket looks much bigger on me than any other 48's that I've tried on (and wore). I literally can't wear this jacket.

Okay, my measuring skills suck because... I've measured the jacket again, and accordingly this time, aaand... Well, it's perhaps a bit wider than what I initially stated.

So, chest (P2P): 68 / 70cm - 27 / 27.5"

Photos

Front:

Back:

Sleeve length:

Back length (from collar seam):

Weekend TTT.

€150 / £110 / $170 / + shipping (which can't be over £20), anyone? That's a good deal for a Schott, I think. Too many failed purchases lately, I just want to move it ASAP and invest into something else. Lady is already raging because the jackets are taking up the apartment - again - so you're also helping me keep my sanity as well as getting a superb jacket.

BTW, anyone unable to send a PM due to insufficient privileges, here's my email address: nav.buoy@gmail.com

Still available, of course. Jacket is around 2.5kg heavy. Soft leather, no dry spots, no crackly parts - just a beautiful Schott Perfecto in a superb condition. For an amazing price!

I'm so confused...it was too small now it's too large. Maybe I could do with something under it...let me look at another jacket I have that's a bit closer in size...

lol I'm sorry ButteMT, I just can't get the chest measurement right... I always get different results - but the attached pictures of the chest circumference and how I measured it should give you a relatively good idea of the chest width. Both from front and back, it comes at around 135 cm / 53", right under the armpits. But there's a sharp drop of 3 inches or so...

To the top! Great jacket for a great price. I promise you, international shipping won't be a cent over $200 and that effectively makes it the cheapest Perfecto, like, ever. Considering this one's in such a great condition, this is a steal. Zero issues (other than the missing chain pull) whatsoever and I'm tellin' you, it still smells new! :D

My email: nav.buoy@gmail.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner