Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Schott Perfecto leather jacket sz. 48

Duck

Practically Family
Received today and it is fantastic! ! Love this jacket. Fits good, may a tad short, but I am going to rock it any way. Monitor (Ivan) is a great guy to buy from. He is very prompt at answering emails and questions. Ships fast and gives you the tracking number. I would buy from him again in an instant.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Already got a little worried, but it's great to hear it got there save, and that you're happy with it. Thank you very much for the kind words, Duck! Wear it in good health! :D

Arnold

One of the Regulars
Yeah, IIRC Gail also told me that jackets with the Schott logo dark grey nylon lining were from the late 80s (IIRC) to mid 90s. In the late 90s they switched back to plain black lining again.

The 125 has a zip-in pile liner, which is extremely useful in cold weather, downright cozy. OTOH it's quite bulky so you have to buy the jacket with your preferred season in mind. If it fits you in winter, with the liner zipped in and with several layers underneath, it will be far to flabby in summer. And this is a boxy/ roomy/ "very American" cut in the first place.

I also seem to recall that 625 was the model # for a 1970s version with the more typical quilted lining, plus the side lacing wasn't on double layered small extra panels, but either simply pierced across the main panels (back, front, kidney) or it was the extra panels but single-layer. Those older jackets were substantially shorter than the modern 125.

Since I don't like sewn-in belts this was my favorite from Schott. They don't make stock 125s anymore but I understand they'll still do them on a custom basis if time permits. They have several other beltless styles now that are supposed to replace the 125, but those are effectively even longer, by "virtue" of being "slimmer", which may accommodate fashion but doesn't look good in this type of jacket IMO.

I've had three 125s: a late 80s/ early 90s one that I bought from Legendary in the early aughts, a messed up late 90s model that I bought before that one and that I returned due to severe flaws (different sleeve lengths + pit circumferences & more), and a mid-2000s one that was bought in the last few years. Wondering if those time gaps mean that this model was never never sold in large quantities.

125, or any of its equivalents, is a perfect jacket, IMO. It's got all the bells and whistles a motorcycle jacket should have! Very versatile and customizable jacket, with all the cool of the Perfecto style.

I too have had three of those - the 125 from the late 80's, the 625, which was virtually identical except that it was made from heavy steerhide instead of a naked cowhide (and had no removable liner) and this one. This is the only one with the Schott logo stamped lining that I've seen, though; the others having a regular black cotton lining. The 125 was still available last year, though. Shame they've removed it but I guess the side laces weren't all that popular, even though it is a very nice feature. The current selection on their site looks to be entirely fashion oriented... :/

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I think the ones with the Schott logo on the liner were for the European market, not US.
I have a 918 with a embroidered Scott logo that the US version does not have, so it's a European version.

Arnold

One of the Regulars
Interesting idea, but I don't think Legendary stocked my 125 with the logo lining for the EUR market - because of their general attitude towards overseas sales. It was difficult to successfully finish the exchange of the defective jacket even though they were clearly at fault. First I had to convince them of the jacket's flaws (this was before everyone had a digital camera, and my wording wasn't persuasive enough at first^^), then they shipped it without indication of it being a return/ replacement and it took me a year, IIRC, to convince the customs of not charging me twice for one imported jacket.
But - as said, my impression has been that stock of this style usually lasted up to a decade/ that there weren't many sold, so you might be right that they were at some point *intended* for overseas.

@Monitor: there's still side lacing in some of Schott's new jackets. But I agree that they look more like fashion. As far as I can discern from photos, they just seem to have switched from boxy shapes to overly long, "anorexic" shapes. I regret that no mfg seems to make stock MC jackets with a taper for more athletic shaped customers, and/ or short enough to look good on guys who prefer not to wear their jeans just slightly above their genitals. ^^

Arnold

One of the Regulars
P.S. - Unfortunately, a small side lacing at hip level doesn't even help that much with tapering the jacket, instead it will bulge at the belly the more the lacing is tightened...
Does any mfg make jackets with a full "pit to hip" side lacing, similar to fully laced biker pants or chaps? Those can be shaped easily by dividing the lacing into three sections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21