Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: two high count Montecristi Panama fedoras blocked by Art Fawcett size 57.5cm

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Montecristi hats blocked by Art Fawcett back in ca. 2014
These are high count and of clear ivory colour. I've been off the market for nearly a decade for these, not sure if there are any master weavers left who do these high counts. They take several months to weave one body.
If you've done any research lately on that then you probably know more about it than I do.
The prices on these are what I paid a decade ago. They're unworn and have been well stored in hat boxes ever since. I'm not selling these for cheap because I would prefer these to be appreciated as the work of art they are, rather than being discarded at some point. That doesn't mean they're fragile, far from it. These are woven so tightly they're extremely durable and flexible, no comparison to simple Panama hats in general or even low count Montis.

These are also to fit a 57.5cm head circumference, like all my other VS hats. Montecristi bodies of this level of density can be reblocked completely many times, to fit roughly a full size up and down.

Prices exclude shipping. Hats ship from Germany.
PM me if interested. PMs will reach me daily; I may not be reading the forum posts every day, but I will get the PMs.

Payment via PayPal and I would prefer to sell to long standing members.

VS 30x33 - 990wpsi clear ivory 3-8th-brim €815

iXETuOb.jpg

rk9vEne.jpg

CzqAxGI.jpg

56s2UQw.jpg

EvRrN5u.jpg

8AlubIU.jpg

ELz00AO.jpg

KGzJs9s.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members