Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: VINTAGE BORSALINO OPEN ROAD CLONE 7 ½ WIDE OVAL

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Do you have a large skull? That means your brain is big. And you therefore know that fedoras like this don’t come along very often. This lid is in absolutely mint and unworn condition. The felt is a rich chocolate brown, supple and very light-weight, perfect for year-round wear. I’m not looking to make a profit, just to break even to raise some cash for Xmas presents for my sons. $300 shipped to continental U.S. I’m listing it here before it goes up on the bay. PM me if you’re interested.

Please note: The flash washed out the color; the lid appears tan in the photo but is a deep, chocolate brown. The sweat is pristine; the waves are temporary from the felt sizing strips I placed inside. This lid has been on my head for a total of about 17 minutes, and NEVER out of the house. It is truly mint.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

PB200092.jpg

PB200086.jpg

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
If I were a 7 1/2, I'd be very interested!

IMO, you're asking a just and fair price for this hat. Besides being a vintage ('40s?) Borsalino in pristine condition and a very rare size, it was made for Marshall Field & Company, Chicago's greatest department store -- and one of the top three in the entire country. :eusa_clap

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Thanks for the comments, Marc. I'm from Chicago and I have fond memories of going downtown as a little boy to Marshall Fields and spending hours wandering around looking for the toy department, which was located next to the rare coin/stamp collecting department. They don't make stores (or fedoras) like they used to!

Silke

New in Town
I might be interested, what price are you asking for shipping to Europe/Sweden?

Can't PM you yet due to lack of posts.

Silke

New in Town
Noticed it was up on ebay already and that you had no interest in shipping internationally. Also noticed it was a WIDE oval, which might not work after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner