Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Vintage colarless formal shirts 13.5 and two 14.5

Blackl3232

New in Town
Hey guys, I bought a lot of three vintage detachable collar shirts hoping one would fit me...they were labeled as medium and small, but they're very small..one was labeled 13.5, and I measured the other two as 14.5. All of them have very stiff fronts and single cuffs. I'm looking for ~$20 each plus my shipping cost. (shipping should be $5 or so)

Big post coming up here:

Here's the first one, it's labeled "A.J. Izod Ltd. London Made in England". No size, but I measured it as 14.5. Sleeve measures 33 inches from the center back down to the end of the cuff. All three of shirts have "David Richardson" on the tag....must be the man they were made for?

PICT0002.jpg

Here's the bib:
PICT0003.jpg

And the cuff:
PICT0005.jpg

Sorry the pictures are little blurry, but you should get the idea. The bib on that shirt has a slight pattern, there are horizontal lines, and vertical groups of 6 lines, a slight gap, then another group, etc.

Shirt number two, labeled Brooks Brothers New York 13.5. 35 inches from the center back of the collar to the end of the cuff. Pretty long sleeve for such a small collar...

Plain bib on this one, it's very smooth and feels like plastic...it might be coated in celluloid or something?
PICT0007.jpg

Bib:
PICT0012.jpg

And the cuff:
PICT0013.jpg

Here's a close up of the label:
PICT0001-1.jpg

And the third shirt, labeled Hewins & Hollis Hamilton Place Boston. Again, no size but I measure 14.5. Sleeve is 34 inches on this one. There are two pretty big tears along the gauntlet area of this shirt...one is 4 inches from the cuff up, the other is about 2 inches near the end of the other tear.

This shirt has a slight pattern on the bib as well, it's two vertical lines together, then a big gap and another two lines.

Here's the tag:
PICT0002-1.jpg

Whole shirt:
PICT0014.jpg

Bib:
PICT0016.jpg

My picture of the cuff didn't turn out, and I'm at the 10 picture per post limit anyway, but it's just a plain stiff single cuff like the others.

Once again, sorry for the bad pictures, I can try to take more if anyone would like them.

The shirts are kind of faded and yellowish...I'm not experienced with cleaning vintage clothing, so I'm not sure if they will clean up or not. They do have a few stains and a couple snags here and there, but the bibs and cuffs appear to be fine

The Izod shirt has a button at the bottom of the bib, the other two are "pull over" shirts.

The Hewins & Hollis shirt has a button hole below the bib for attaching to the pants, the other two do not. It does not have a loop for the tie, the other two do.

Again, I can take more pictures or check any details or whatever if anyone is interested, just let me know.

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis