Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full Hat Collection Photographs Thread

Well now I’m gonna be hung up on how stupid that statement from me sounded, I embarrass myself more times than I’d like to admit

We all care to some extent on what others think. You’re not a sociopath and our species is social and meant to get along with others. Until you’re married there is even more of a reason to care what others think. This is a shoot from the hip and speak without over thinking kind of place. As long as you don’t violate the rules (profanity etc.) and aren’t mean spirited feel free to speak your mind. We rib each other sometimes, but it’s all in fun.

What size hat do you wear?

Euvoren1930

New in Town
As you get older, you will learn to think before you speak, or type. (maybe)
Eh, I might, usually I get my own point across pretty well without the need to sit down and think a lot, but if I can just avoid crap like that I’d be a happy man. Thank you guys for being so tolerant! It’s highly appreciated.

Euvoren1930

New in Town
We all care to some extent on what others think. You’re not a sociopath and our species is social and meant to get along with others. Until you’re married there is even more of a reason to care what others think. This is a shoot from the hip and speak without over thinking kind of place. As long as you don’t violate the rules (profanity etc.) and aren’t mean spirited feel free to speak your mind. We rib each other sometimes, but it’s all in fun.

What size hat do you wear?
Alright, good to know, I guess I will try not to over think, profanity should be easy enough, although I couldn’t find a list of rules in my limited search after waking up at literally 4:30 AM due to jet lag, is there one or is it all implied?

My hat size is 7 & 5/8 I believe, I never got formally measured, but that is right near the boarder between large and extra large, although you’d never know by looking at me, even though I’m generally extremely skinny

Euvoren1930

New in Town
Nonsense young man!
Feel free to express whatever self you feel, whatever hat you desire and know many of us will enjoy watching as your endeavors evolve.
We all were young once, new once and in fact you have begun the hat journey long before most of us ever did.
Bravo.
You’ll have to go some to out stupid some before you.
Rate your fedoras?? No way, can’t even rate mine.
Bowen
This is a very sweet post, I appreciate it, and I started at 17 because I always loved antiques and the old days (before 1950, usually the 1940s, or the 1890s for example), but I also love fashion, so fedoras were a pretty good match for me. I actually get anemoia for the 1940s which isn’t common for someone from my generation

Alright, good to know, I guess I will try not to over think, profanity should be easy enough, although I couldn’t find a list of rules in my limited search after waking up at literally 4:30 AM due to jet lag, is there one or is it all implied?

My hat size is 7 & 5/8 I believe, I never got formally measured, but that is right near the boarder between large and extra large, although you’d never know by looking at me, even though I’m generally extremely skinny

I don't know if there are any written rules, but we're expected to comport ourselves as ladies and gentlemen on this site. The big rule is no politics, which eliminates some emotional discussions and keeps the discourse relatively civil.

And no chicken jokes! I hate chicken jokes!!

Euvoren1930

New in Town
I don't know if there are any written rules, but we're expected to comport ourselves as ladies and gentlemen on this site. The big rule is no politics, which eliminates some emotional discussions and keeps the discourse relatively civil.

And no chicken jokes! I hate chicken jokes!!
I think no politics is reasonable. but chicken jokes… I can’t say I have the slightest clue what that would be like but I won’t ask

I think no politics is reasonable. but chicken jokes… I can’t say I have the slightest clue what that would be like but I won’t ask

I am most definitely showing my age.

Worley.png

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
A
DGAF is an unofficial motto around here.

And if you look at the thread, "How do folks react to your hat wearing" you'll find we get more positive feedback than negative.
Absolutely!! I have never had anything bad said about my hats. All the compliment’s I have received have been positive.
Steven

Euvoren1930

New in Town
I am most definitely showing my age.

View attachment 439348
Nah, you’re good, honestly I don’t judge anyone, my parents are in their mid 60s, and one of the things on my bucket list is to meet a WW2 Veteran and play Chinese poker with him because I think they’re really cool people. I might be a Generation Z lad, but I really never think of age as separating me from anyone. Not you, not my parents, and not a WW2 Veteran.

Who?

Practically Family
You’d best hurry with the veteran.

I was seven years old when WWII started (for the US) and there aren’t many guys left who were old enough at the time to “participate”.

There were a few in our cardiac rehab group but I don’t think there are any left now.

Korean War veterans maybe? Be quick about that too. (same reason)

Euvoren1930

New in Town
Yeah, I looked it up and there’s about 300k of them left, so I will hurry, but I don’t have a car yet, so I’ll either have to use my dads when he’s not got anywhere to go to, and drive to an assisted living home, or I can get him to drive me and we’ll all play a round or 2, my dad is interested in the history of the Civil War, WW1, & WW2, so I think he’d probably like to see them. Either way I want to do it soon, so thank you.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Hey there. Welcome to the Lounge, and thanks for sharing your collection with us! As others have said, there is a variety of styles and tastes on here. This is a great place to learn about hats, find your style, and share your style while enjoying seeing what styles others find. As others have said, check out some of the specific hat threads for different styles and makes to find what you're drawn to. Definitely share what you find with us.

Euvoren1930

New in Town
Hey there. Welcome to the Lounge, and thanks for sharing your collection with us! As others have said, there is a variety of styles and tastes on here. This is a great place to learn about hats, find your style, and share your style while enjoying seeing what styles others find. As others have said, check out some of the specific hat threads for different styles and makes to find what you're drawn to. Definitely share what you find with us.
Hi! I could have sword I posted a reply, but I guess something stopped me, thank you for the welcome! And you’re welcome. Yes, I have not learned about even half of the hat names, but I already know more then the average person, I’d say there’s way to many for someone like me to remember, but it’s still fun stumbling across one that’s interesting, or obscure. I’d love to learn how many hat types were popular in the 1910s through to the 1940s, as I have a place in my heart reserved for those times. One hat I found interesting before then is the Civil War Union “top hat”, which is like a top hat with a flat brim, and some of the decorations/design elements of a kepi hat (i.e. blue coloration, and an emblem on the front), I thought it was really cool, and if you’re lucky, you can get one on eBay for the low low price of $1000+ because everything from the civil war is that price. I guess it’s just the times. Maybe my WW1 Zeppelin jacket will go up some time too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider