Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fun Project from Lost Worlds Arrived!!!

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Ok I admit I have been thinking about this for awhile. Last year when my wife and I rode across country on the Trike we both had denim jackets for warm days and Leather (LW J-23 for me and an FXRG for the wife) for the cold ones. But I like D- Pockets and frankly kept thinking what if I could get a J- 23 that was Denim and Horse and lined in Denim. So last November I contacted Stuart who readily agreed it was not only possible but might be a lot of fun to do. So with the help of some photo shop work on my current Russet J-23 I was able to convey my idea and with Stuart's professional guidance he produced the gem below:

Attachments

• IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 690
  • IMG_0595 (2).JPG
    IMG_0595 (2).JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 699
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 689
  • IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 700
  • IMG_0608.JPG
    IMG_0608.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 694

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Ok I admit I have been thinking about this for awhile. Last year when my wife and I rode across country on the Trike we both had denim jackets for warm days and Leather (LW J-23 for me and an FXRG for the wife) for the cold ones. But I like D- Pockets and frankly kept thinking what if I could get a J- 23 that was Denim and Horse and lined in Denim. So last November I contacted Stuart who readily agreed it was not only possible but might be a lot of fun to do. So with the help of some photo shop work on my current Russet J-23 I was able to convey my idea and with Stuart's professional guidance he produced the gem below:

That jacket looks and fits great! You looking good! I like the way the "two-tone" or should I say "two-material" thing was done on this one, very tasteful arrangement of denim and leather panels! Very unique piece and inspiring for the mind...
I'm already thinking through all the possibilities of materials and colors that may look good on a dual-jacket like that... I feel golden corduroy (like on some Levi Truckers) or waxed cloth with horsehide may be a thing..

That looks amazing, both the jacket and the fit. On par with, if not exceeds, the standard set by Thedi for a leather/denim D-pocket. Incredible jacket. I prefer this one because its the classic J-23. Simple and beautiful.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

That looks great, can we have pics of the inside?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
You pounded that one!! Great design!
Down the road it will be epic!
B

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Stuart certainly enjoys different projects :D
And this jacket is stupendous! Well done!!

Thanks to you, I am now imagining a green deerskin and navy horsehide combination...

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Very, very nice!
Great fit and it works amazingly well- One of a kind WIN!!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Well done! Really like this combination, and really especially like the denim lining. Wish we could see more of that as a lining offering in other jackets as well. The two tone blue/brown is great! Will this become Stuart's next offering?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR