Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fun Project from Lost Worlds Arrived!!!

dannyk

One Too Many
Well done! Really like this combination, and really especially like the denim lining. Wish we could see more of that as a lining offering in other jackets as well. The two tone blue/brown is great! Will this become Stuart's next offering?
Absolutely makes me wonder/consider if Stuart can make a denim liner why couldn’t others? That might be a pretty cool feature on certain styles.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Outstanding and a detachable collar to top it off! Wow!

This should be on his website.
It is. Stuart put it on today in the J-23 section. The only thing I would do differently is put the A-2 epaulets on it rather than the J-23 type. They tend to pop up when riding because ones shoulders are slightly hunched up on the handle bars. This could settle down with age though I guess.

Davidm

Familiar Face
Nice jacket! congrats! question: is LW quality is still top? Is it a good idea to purchase it in 2019? i do very like LW leather togs jacket, but i think read somewhere here what LW quality dropped, but this jacket above is perfectly made, so im a bit confused now :)

One of my LWs was delivered within the last 6 or so months. If the quality dropped then previous jackets were unicorns. My CHP is just about perfect. That Leathertogs also is on my radar.

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One of my LWs was delivered within the last 6 or so months. If the quality dropped then previous jackets were unicorns. My CHP is just about perfect. That Leathertogs also is on my radar.

Pretty much same thing here, I have an upcoming Leathertogs which I will post when I get my hands on it (by the end of this month / early next month)

red devil

That is one review I would be most interested in--- that jacket looks amazing.

It haunted me for a long time until I finally ordered it! :)
A few weeks to go... the wait always get harder when you get closer lol

It haunted me for a long time until I finally ordered it! :)
A few weeks to go... the wait always get harder when you get closer lol

No doubt, I hate the wait. And full on "anxiety" when the jacket is actually shipped lol.

Every few days or so I go to LW's website to look at photos of this jacket. And surprisingly Stu's two NYPD police jackets. I wish he would make something like Cal's LAPD.

Edward

Bartender
Absolutely makes me wonder/consider if Stuart can make a denim liner why couldn’t others? That might be a pretty cool feature on certain styles.

I should think it would be more a matter of whether an individual maker is prepared to take on a custom job. I could see some shyin away from it for fear they'd get grief if the wearer found the dye kept coming out of the lining onto their clothes. Should be a way around that. The weight would also matter, if you were sewing it with a very hefty hide.

dannyk

One Too Many
I should think it would be more a matter of whether an individual maker is prepared to take on a custom job. I could see some shyin away from it for fear they'd get grief if the wearer found the dye kept coming out of the lining onto their clothes. Should be a way around that. The weight would also matter, if you were sewing it with a very hefty hide.
Absolutely a consideration. Since Left Field got Vanson to make them a HH jacket for their vanson collab line... I actually reached out to left field and asked them hey Vanson hasn’t made a horse jacket in like 20 years how did you get them to agree? It was a struggle but why did Vanson stop originally? Some rich schmuck who doesn’t understand jackets had dye transfer from his jacket to his fancy Mercedes or BMW seats or whatever it was and threw a fit. So much so Vanson said we’re done with horse. But same concept we all know with unsanforized or certain dyes transfer could be an issue. But just a thought I had. Wouldn’t be my first thought for a liner but certain denims on certain jackets could be a really cool combo.

red devil

I did not know LW would do such an interesting custom project.

They do state clearly that they would do all kinds of custom jobs as long as the customer takes full responsibility. Pretty sure there are limits, but I would believe they go further than most think they would

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran