Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny, odd, or the most absurd ads you have ever seen....

Connery

One Too Many
^^^

The Heimlich maneuver is an emergency procedure for removing a foreign object lodged in the airway that is preventing a person from breathing...:)

heimlich-maneuver-demotivational-poster-1240332534.jpg

Last edited:

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
The Heimlich maneuver is an emergency procedure for removing a foreign object lodged in the airway that is preventing a person from breathing...:)

Except you can't call it that anymore - Henry Heimlich's son Peter has brought his father's research practices into disrepute, and the maneuver is now called the Abdominal Thrust (an unfortunate description, IMHO.)

Interesting tidbit of the day :)

Connery

One Too Many
Except you can't call it that anymore - Henry Heimlich's son Peter has brought his father's research practices into disrepute, and the maneuver is now called the Abdominal Thrust (an unfortunate description, IMHO.)

Interesting tidbit of the day :)

Thanks for that info C-dot...:eek: It looks like his associate Dr. Edward Patrick also claimed he was a co-developer of the maneuver in 2003.

In any case, whatever it is called, if I need one I do not care what it is called as long as I can find an elephant who knows what he is doing...........:p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Granny

Just a reminder of what Irene actually looked like. She was a classy lady with a great sense of humour!
irene.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL