Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny, odd, or the most absurd ads you have ever seen....

W-D Forties

Practically Family
953439566_c39fe65e51.jpg

952586717_088c6379af_o.jpg

953435812_5e74dec718_o.jpg

Very healthy this one...
sodaads01_1.jpg

iverjohnsonsaferevolverad_1.jpg

Blimey, I'm going to be having nightmares tonight!!!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I'd bet $1 that many of these originated in the heads of the company president. "My wife came up with a great idea this morning and I want you to run with it. "Peter Pain! Love it. OK. Go."

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Sorry, I find Google Translate can be off pretty often, especially when it comes to Japanese and its grammar. It's got the syntax all wrong, which can and does change the meaning all around, or even turn into gibberish. I'm sure you've all had experiences with Japanese translated into English that doesn't make sense :D

The correct phrase in this case should be, " Idai na buta, Banzai!!":eusa_doh:
Buta idaina, banzai in Japanese means, "swine, great hurrah "

Thank you!

I've tried translating things on the Babel Fish a few times only to have it come out like complete gibberish. lol!! :D

Thank you!

I've tried translating things on the Babel Fish a few times only to have it come out like complete gibberish. lol!! :D

Unfortunately, to really get anything out of Babel Fish it helps to already know something of the language you're translating. Once I was trying to translate the expression "a little bit" into Spanish and it came out as "un pequeño digito binario" -- not exactly what I was looking for.

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
953435812_5e74dec718_o.jpg

lol lol lol

I'm sorry I really love this one. They should make a comic book, movie, or TV show about him! Someone start printing the t-shirts! I love Peter Pain! I see from his picture that he doesn't have problems growing up like a certain other character that does. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner