Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny, odd, or the most absurd ads you have ever seen....

It sure as heck didn't work back then and it's REALLY not gonna work in a post women's lib world lol

I was going to say that I have to get me one of those ties if that is the case. :p

Every time she ever cooked something in the frying pans, it looked like me lol lol lol

lol! I'll go get the band-aids. :D

I like the tie towards the bottom of the ad the most. :)

babbeer.jpg

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Ads I've scanned from my old magazines:

4160869502_3248f77723_o.jpg

4177853134_10e6b8dc5f_o.jpg

4177093677_4cd1a90fb9_o.jpg

From a "Men's" magazine, 1959

4177853488_5054cf3dfb_o.jpg

1953. I've made this. It's revolting.

Let me add:
basilrathbonechesterfieldsherlockho.jpg

So strange to see him smoking cigarettes rather than a pipe. :D

vintage-cigarette-ad-05.jpg

Hmmmm.... I wondered why I have gone through four doctors in the last few years. :rolleyes:

1940s+RONALD+REAGAN+vintage+tobacco+cigar+smoking+advertisement.bmp

Ok, you convinced me. Like I needed convincing. :p

thenandnow1l.jpg

We went from raspy voice to finding your voice. Sounds like a logical progression. :eeek:

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
The ties must have a mass hypnosis effect. :p

:eek:fftopic:
I've tried to convince my husband that sock garters and bow ties are sexy but he won't budge.

Back on topic:

vintage-ads-diet.jpg

Good God Almighty! Yep, that's a healthy way to eat and not get fat.....tape worms. What was I thinking do all that exercise? :eusa_doh:

I've tried to convince my husband that sock garters and bow ties are sexy but he won't budge.

Back on topic:

vintage-ads-diet.jpg

Good God Almighty! Yep, that's a healthy way to eat and not get fat.....tape worms. What was I thinking do all that exercise? :eusa_doh:

I have noticed sock garters have that effect for some reason.[huh]

I read, an article a while back, where a person traveling in the third world purposely took a tapeworm. He said it kept him from getting a bunch of food and water bourne problems. When he got back he took the medicine and got rid of it. :eeek:[huh]

Chas

One Too Many
4160869502_3248f77723_o.jpg

Looking at this I'm wondering what sort of jokes were flying around the boardroom at the ad agency when this was approved.

Definitely some phallic imagery going on here.

Really? He can have mine. NOS, prob. never used.

Last edited:
I have a ton of ads in my old magazines for godawful Jello concoctions. I hate Jello, even if there's always room for it, so it just makes it all the more disgusting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner