Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny, odd, or the most absurd ads you have ever seen....

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
lrg_drop_dead.jpg

Buy this item and receive a special coupon for the full sized version!

Effingham

A-List Customer
I'd think "legged" sleeping bags would be great if you have to get up at night to go to the bog -- but there's no critical area access in that thing. So much for that idea.

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
Even Fred and Barney got in on the act...[video=youtube;NAExoSozc2c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAExoSozc2c[/video]

Title: Sleeping bag that enables you to walk.
Caption: The designer says "you can get up and flee when you're attacked by a bear in the middle of the night," but I wonder if you really can run fast enough.:eusa_doh:

Thank you, LaMedicine! :)

I knew you'd come through for us. :eusa_clap Though I suspect that it might come in handy if you start hearing these noises. :D

commentary by Art Bell
[video=youtube;GeGPNC6qQCY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeGPNC6qQCY&feature=related[/video]

Last edited:

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
iver-johnson-safe-revolver-.jpg

I just hope no one let their kids take these to bed despite Iver Johnson's claims! :eeek:

Edit- I have nothing against guns, as you will see in my posts in the gun threads... but my grandfather was a cop in the 50s and he taught my dad (who in turn taught me) that guns are tools, not toys, and should be treated with the respect they deserve... never given to a child as "safe" to handle on their own... :eusa_doh:

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
By today's standards, that ad is completely ridiculous. And even back then, no matter how safe their guns may have been, would anyone actually give a loaded gun to a child to sleep with on their lap? Seriously. Or was the thinking back then that different in a regard such as this? Or was this typical advertising claptrap?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot