Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny, odd, or the most absurd ads you have ever seen....

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
lol

COMICAD%20flying%20saucers.jpg

I'm gonna go to the source and check it out. Think the company is still there? <sarcasm off>

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Anybody care to have a go at the translation?

japanese-snuggie-for-the-win2.jpg

It always helps to understand some of the cultural backgrounds before one attempts to have an accurate translation. Once you do, you can tell exactly what the ad was all about and translate it. Now, if you look at the gentleman sitting, it is easy to see he is speaking of an airplane, and how it "zooms" right off into the air, and then in the next picture he is wearing a zipper suit, without arms. Clearly the suit was made for sex education, it depicts how a certain cell may swim along...and then of course, the larger picture when his foot is showing, very easy, he is saying you have to put your foot down and say "no" to unsafe sex!

LaMedicine

One Too Many
It always helps to understand some of the cultural backgrounds before one attempts to have an accurate translation. Once you do, you can tell exactly what the ad was all about and translate it. Now, if you look at the gentleman sitting, it is easy to see he is speaking of an airplane, and how it "zooms" right off into the air, and then in the next picture he is wearing a zipper suit, without arms. Clearly the suit was made for sex education, it depicts how a certain cell may swim along...and then of course, the larger picture when his foot is showing, very easy, he is saying you have to put your foot down and say "no" to unsafe sex!
I certainly hope you are only joking, and are fully aware that I am very proficient in both Japanese and English, as I am a Japanese citizen who was lucky enough to have received over 7 years of my priimary-secondary education in English, 4 of which was in the US, as I grew up as an embassy brat. As a result, I pride myself in having a passable understanding of the both the differences and common factors of Western and Eastern cultures, and take them into consideration when translating.
I am willing to write up a full translation of the article if you wish. Of course, in that case, the service will not be free :p

Last edited:

Story

I'll Lock Up
I am willing to write up a full translation of the article if you wish. Of course, in that case, the service will not be free :p

Or consult the Google, for free. Source : Reddit

This appears to be an interview/product listing a catalog called Tsuuhanseikatsu. With my gf, we were able to put together this translation.
Translation (Right to left):
Ranking #3 Walkable Sleeping Bag System Design
He says, "If I get attacked by bears during the night, I can stand up and run away," but I wonder, is this bag is able to run fast enough?
Zenki Furukawa (43 years old), goes snowboarding or surfing every weekend with a sleeping bag. He had three complaints regarding oridinary sleeping bags: 1. If I don't get out of my sleeping bag, I can't reach what I need. 2. If I'm attacked by a bear, I cannot stand up immediately and run away. 3. I cannot turn over while sleeping, or bend my knees. It feels tight.
I understand the convenience of this bag in regards to #3, because having two legs will make it easier to sleep. But how about #1 and #2? Am I able to reach things if I cannot have my hands outside the bag? Am I able to run faster than a bear? Mr. Furukawa says, "it depends on your effort."
Nonsense.
"When the sleeping bag was taken to an exhibition in February 2004, magazine journalists took so many pictures. But due to the election in the House of Consulars and the Iraq War, it didn't get much coverage in magazines."
Maybe that's why...
"I believe that if Tsuuhanseikatsu had picked this up, so many of them would be sold. If it sells well enough, soon, I will make a kid's size."
Caption: Left and right legs are able to move separately. It doesn't have the tight feeling of having two legs together.
Product Info: Size: M: up to 170cm, L: up to 180cm. When it's stored, its dimensions are 22 cm x 43 cm. Weight: 1.6 kG. Standard using temperature is 3 degrees to 7 degrees. Materials: Side textiles: Polyester. Stuffing 90% goose down, 10% feathers. Interior feather weight: 350 g (550 feel-power). Made in China. To prevent falling accidents, don't actually run.

LaMedicine

One Too Many
That's pretty accurate. However, quite often, online trlanslations from/to Japanese can turn out incorrect due to the difference in syntax from English. I've seen online translators throw in a pretty big curve into the translations, the end result being the subject and object getting interchanged, the tenses mixed up and such that the translation was the total opposit of the original sentence/paragraph. So, if you utilise online translators, it's best to have someone who knows Japanese go over it and check the accuracy.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
It has a dual purpose. Keeps your head warm, and then you get home, throw it on the floor and wipe your shoes on it.
Now that I agree with, great idea!
I have a friend that died his "hair" thing bright pink, to wear it at all Breast Cancer events in honor of his wife.
Yeah, it stands out which is the purpose, but dern that thing looks real!
His wife has a hot pink wig to match. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot