Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G&B M-422A Sizing

auxair

New in Town
Dear all,

I plan to order a G&B M-422A over the next couple of weeks for possible wearing in late October (I guess I don't wish to wait too long like I did for ELC and Aero)

I should be most grateful for your kind advice on the following:

(a) I am 5'8", 160 lb, 40" chest, 32" waist. My ELC RW 27752 A-2 at size 40 runs a slightly bit large and long (but not overly, just not the WWII snug fit). My Aero Anniversary (labelled as 40 too) is perfectly fit as Mark M passed my measurements to Amanda et al. I will down size to 38Short for the G&B M-442A, but should I go as far as 36S (after reading the threads here)?

(b) How is the authenticity of the G&B M-422A (BuAERO label, styling, crimson lining, zipper (Talon bell shape?)) compared to ELC and Aero. Does ELC still has the lead (as usual).

Thanks in advance - I plan to adorn the jacket with AVG insiginia - I promise to post pics when it eventually arrives (may be by Oct 09?)

91_Mustang

New in Town
I've been looking into G&B alot lately myself and from what I hear they run just a little over in the chest but not too much. Most people have recommended to me to simply order based on their standard sizing chart:

http://www.flightsuits.com/index.php?id=46

If the length is a concern you can always upgrade to a Tall which adds 1" to the sleeve and 1/2" to the collar to waist measure. The good news is that with G&B your pretty much safe anyway you decide to go because they have a great return & exchange policy:

http://www.flightsuits.com/index.php?id=34

Good luck!

Razor

New in Town
G&B Sizing for M-422 and G-1

I have two G&B G-1 jackets and also one of their M-422 and they seem to run a little large. I normally wear a size 44 suit jacket along with a Star or Brill Brother G-1 in a size 44 G-1 jacket but the G&B jackets are all in a size 42.

They have a good exchange policy and had to return the first jacket to exchange the size 44 for a size 42.

Their A-2 jackets seem to fit true to size since I have two of them in a size 44.

Hope this helps. Their jackets are excellent quality, you will not be disappointed.

Razor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou