Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Garden Party, are heels ok?

kerry

One of the Regulars
Okay, its not really a garden party, its a mini festival sort of thing in a pub garden. Thing is, I want to wear this dress
cocktaildress.jpg
[/IMG
but would it be too much with these shoes in dark green
blueshoes.jpg
[/IMG
or do I go in jeans. Havent really got any other shoes that might go except granny ones.
Sorry, I know Im asking someone to choose an outfit, but its nice to ask other women for advice on this sort of thing instead of relying on hubbys opinion.:)
Kerry

kerry

One of the Regulars
No, I only have boots, work shoes which are these
1940sshoes.jpg
or heels. I need to buy some spring shoes but havent got round to it yet.

Tough Cookie

One of the Regulars
The dress is great and the shoes are darling, but they'd quickly get messed up, if not ruined, with the heels sinking into wet ground with every step.

To keep them ultra-safe, you should box them up and send them to me. ;)

Hey! I'd send you a pair of wedges back. :)

Honestly though, I'd try to run to a local inexpensive shoe store and pick up a wedge that will work, rather than ruin the other pair.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Kerry, I think the black shoes would not only be more practical walking on a lawn, but they would look better with your black dress. If the lawn is wet, it might mess up your suede shoes.

I would add a colorful accent (scarf, big flower pin, sash) and a hat with a brim to go with the season.

beaucaillou

A-List Customer
I believe vintage etiquette dictated that if a man was with a woman who was wearing heels and they encountered grass, he was to pick her up and carry her to avoid her aerating the soil with her heel spikes. So, if you are a going with a date you'd like to get a bit closer to... ;)

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
I have to agree. I recently crossed a patch of grass in a pair of silletto heels and found it very difficult to walk without sinking in. And that was with dry soil. If there is moisture in the soil it may destroy those beautiful suede heels as well as making walking nearly impossible.

If there was a paved area, deck or patio you could stay on, you could probably do the heels without a problem, though.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The secret to avoiding sinking into a lawn is to put the bulk of the pressure on the ball of your foot rather than the heel. However, since this is a pain to do for more than a few minutes, I'd suggest a pair of wedges. They're all the rage this season anyway, just go pick up a pair!

kerry

One of the Regulars
Hi ladies, I polished up the black shoes and got lots of compliments on my outfit. I had a lovely evening, thankyou all so much for your help.:)
I now know I need a pair or practical but stylish shoes:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo