Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

General Attire and Actions of men and women

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveb1

Familiar Face
I think that men should dress in men's attire and act like men. I think that women should dress in womens attire and act like women. I think that this should be the case irregardless of vintage or generation.
What say you!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
We have a thread called something like 'Women in Men's Attire.' Lots of photos of women in, well, mn's attire, both vintage age, and contemprorary. All I can say is that if one doesn't find Katherine Hepburn in men's attire attractive, then I don't now what!

Among others:

1244681213.jpg

Steveb1

Familiar Face
I don't really find Katharine Hepburn attractive. She was all skin and bones and covered in freckles. Probably why she spent most of her life dressed as a man.

Steveb1

Familiar Face
What I'm talking about are women like Olivia dehavilland, Ginger Rogers, Myrna Loy, Jean Arthur, Grace Kelly, Ingrid Bergman. They dressed and acted like women.
And men like Clark Gable, James Stewart, Cary Grant, Gary Cooper, Humphrey Bogart. They dressed and acted like men.

These folks dressed and acted appropriately for who they were and served to be an example to the rest of us, then and now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany