Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen - Delicate Question Regarding Bathroom Decor

David Ward

Familiar Face
Friends,
I recently visited Little Branch in Manhattan, a rather fine vintage style underground establishment with excellent cocktails and live jazz.

The gentleman's room had an interesting touch of decor - a brass device attached to the seat, with which one could lift the lid with ones foot. Not an automated lever but a point of purchase discreetly attached.
I resolved to purchase similar items for my home, but have been unable to find anything similar. Now, what would one call such a device, and where might it be available?

Pompidou

One Too Many
I'll have to pick up a couple of those for the cafe. Cleaning the bathrooms has proven to be a never ending task. Every little bit helps. I'm a germophobe, and the patrons benefit. Never would've thought to have hands free toilet seats, despite having hands free trash cans.

David Ward

Familiar Face
I had the same issue with "lifter". The automatic ones are useful if a bit silly. A more discreet but elegant pedal, however...I suppose Nick may be correct, it could have been a custom made item.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
It needs a name. Preferably quaint and Anglo-Saxon. Like "blevitt." Or "croinch."

Less quaint...but perhaps more appealing to the normal users of a men's room.

AAAADCVea24AAAAAAAi_mg.jpg

The Crapper Clutch

AF

Edward

Bartender
I'd lower the ceiling in all the cubicles to 3'6". Most male customers will then have to sit down to use the toilet, thus obviating problems caused by poor aim...

Edward

Bartender
Less quaint...but perhaps more appealing to the normal users of a men's room.

AAAADCVea24AAAAAAAi_mg.jpg

The Crapper Clutch

AF

In a nice mahogany and brass type finish, that would be great.... though I don't see any advantage in it only being for the lid - assume that's just illustration and it can be used for the seat too?

Edward

Bartender
lol Youse guys kill me...

Make a device that'll put the seat back DOWN, and the world will beat a path to your door.

I suppose it depends how the above one works.... I'm sure it would be possible to make a device like that where the seat only stays up as long as the foot in on the pedal...

Bassman

A-List Customer
Isn't the issue that the ladies have that the seat (not the lid) shouldn't be left up? Not an issue at my house because I'm happy to oblige the wife (though I look before going...I don't know why she can't).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21