Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen, show us what you've made!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I notice that the website doesn't mention the weight of the cloth. I would recommend finding out the weight then comparing to other cloths, just so that you know what you are getting. it may be too light for your tastes.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
I would ask about the weight, or request a swatch. It's difficult to find seersucker that isn't tissue-weight for a price that low, but it is fabric.com so who knows?

John Galt

Vendor
On topic, but atypical here, a drum I made for my sister in law. The image design is an absolute original, and I am letting you know it is copyrighted, so don't rip me off ;-).

I may want to make T-shirts, etc., with this design.

4evada9e.jpg

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
if you're in need of patterns then you can either take apart a moth-damaged garment and draw around it (as i did) or draft one from an old tailoring book.
in either case, you'll probably need to fine tune the pattern to fit your own physique, as i've done with mine, or alter it to include the features you're after.

i would encourage people to create their own patterns rather than use pre-existing ones as it keeps things from getting all generic.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Wonderful as always, HBK! What's the stitching around the back brace buttons? Is it for a reinforce? I'm working with some linen right now, it's always a joy.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
i would encourage people to create their own patterns rather than use pre-existing ones as it keeps things from getting all generic.

Except, if you don't have a clue about tailoring a pattern would help a lot to set the tailor on the right track if you want to bespeak something in a style out of the tailor's usual expertise. ;)

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I wore them all winter. The seat turned out a bit baggy, but it gives them a kind of shoddy workwear look. I think they look great worn with a grey cardigan under a stroller, boots, heavy belt, shirt and tie or neckerchief and a french eight dart cap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner