Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

German & Austrian Hutmachers

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
a Old German Fedora with German names IKA Feiner Haarhut. I dont know the Hatterer

ikayq.jpg

ika2yk.jpg

ika3.jpg

ika4l.jpg

ika5.jpg

ika6s.jpg

ika7.jpg

Mario, Yes I have an Austrian Velour addicition. This one actually fits too. :)

Quixote, Your Fritz Hückel looks fantastic! By the way Hückel Weilheim, Germany exported to the USA under Fritz Hückel Hutmacher. There were Hückel brand issues with TONAK (originally Johann Hückel´s Söhne) outside of Germany.

Manfred, Your Ottmar Reich boater is beautiful! I also really like (cool bow design) the Feiner Haarhut. Where did you find it?

davidraphael

Practically Family
Latest find: By pure chance, it's my 2nd German made Chisnall in 2 weeks (the last being a Homburg). I found it at the famous Mauer Park Flohmarkt in Berlin. The colour of this 'chamois' caught my eye 1st. My images don't do it justice - it's a sort of olive green/brown, but in some lights it leans towards orangey/brown, other times to a more golden colour. Never seen a hat this colour before! It seems to go with everything!

As indicated, I've come across this Chisnall make in Germany more than once. Does anyone know anything more about them? (mayserwegener?) At 1st I thought they were English, but it seems not to be the case...

54907171.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
62217685.jpg
77270800.jpg
71491435.jpg
22846588.jpg
46391058.jpg

Last edited:
I am not aware of them (could it be a men's store?) but I will look into it. The paper tag is all hand written which is interesting. Looks to be late 1960s or later.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Latest find: By pure chance, it's my 2nd German made Chisnall in 2 weeks (the last being a Homburg). I found it at the famous Mauer Park Flohmarkt in Berlin. The colour of this 'chamois' caught my eye 1st. My images don't do it justice - it's a sort of olive green/brown, but in some lights it leans towards orangey/brown, other times to a more golden colour. Never seen a hat this colour before! It seems to go with everything!

As indicated, I've come across this Chisnall make in Germany more than once. Does anyone know anything more about them? (mayserwegener?) At 1st I thought they were English, but it seems not to be the case...

54907171.jpg
62217685.jpg
77270800.jpg
71491435.jpg
22846588.jpg
46391058.jpg

Hello davidraphael, Hello Steve that is what i found on a bay Auction.
A paper label of a chisnall Homburger Hat Produced in Germany. maybe its help by identifying the German Hatterer.
The in a other Auction this Info. " CHISNALL – made in Regent Street-London "

chisnall.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
David, you live in UK, maybe you can research who is in Regent Street-London a Hat Shop, Hatterer etc...
I think its a Licence Brand what was produced in UK and Germany maybe in other State to.

By the way, the Hat looks great! :D

Manfred, I think the UK mention might be marketing related. This is a common marketing theme with 1960s German store model hats. I can't identify the GS or SG company but it is definitely German (could Austrian but I doubt it). I will see if I can come up with anything.

Another great haul! The Dobesch is really well made for the time period. I know P. & C. Habig (also Austrian) were still stitching liners into the early 1970s. The Italians makers kept it going into the late 70s.

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Steve Thanks davidraphael, this is a Antilope City Hat i dont know the Manufacturer
Color is a deep blue with very softly felt finish

antilopecityhat.jpg

antilopecityhat1.jpg

antilopecityhat2.jpg

antilopecityhat3.jpg

and a Rheinhut Superior stamped Sweat Band 1965

rheinhut.jpg

rheinhut1.jpg

rheinhut2.jpg

rheinhut3.jpg

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
and a Mayser Ausseer Trachten Hat in mint condition for 3 EUR

mayseraussee.jpg

mayseraussee1.jpg

mayseraussee2.jpg

mayseraussee3.jpg

Steve I have a new Borsalino Qualita EXTRA Superiore Grand Prix Paris 1900, stamped 1962 in mint condition color anthracite.
Found on flea market today, see it on the Borsalino Brotherhood. Its Made for the italy Market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner