Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GFL - Guitar Friends Lounge

Anyone else fingerpicks on e-guitar?

I grabbed one triple pack of these yellow "Ibanez Pult 1" fingerpicks, today. At home, I took one and simply started to jingle around and realized, THIS is really fun! And by the way, it sounded really nice for my taste.

Attachments

• IMGP8523.JPG
    IMGP8523.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 110
But I can tell you one thing!
Whenever I'm grabbing my Ibanez AM 53, jazzing around with this Semi is too much fun! I could do it for hours and hours. :)

Pandemic

One Too Many
I am a talentless hack who nonetheless has fun trying to hammer out a few of my favorite songs on a Epiphone LP. I usually run the guitar through my phone and into a headset, using the free AmpliTube app.

9AA01D9A-8BBA-4DFB-990E-DC3535FE72B4.jpeg
E40FF7CD-9DB7-42CF-8015-1A474E9FC777.jpeg

Last edited:
You know, the endless funny thing for me about jazzing around is, that you only need the one jazzmans-grip for you whole fretboard.
If music could always be that simple. :p

I don't want to learn gutiar for real. Just having fun, jazzing around a little with my semi-acoustic. Works very well, with gain up, master volume down.

Anybody know a good place/forum to sell a higher end electric guitar? I’d like to a avoid eBay or GC if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!
Online you could consider reverb.com. They have lots of instruments for sale, though I'm not sure how much different/better it is than say eBay. You could also sell on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace. Other than that, you're probably stuck with a local shop, but perhaps you could find one that specializes in higher end guitars. I don't know of any in your area, but there are a few places around the country that are known for higher end stuff.

But it's always astonishing to me, how much influence the right pick has! I just love my Ibanez M(edium) rubber plecs. In combination with the chorus pedal, it gives a wonderful rich, shiny sound. :)

Pandemic

One Too Many
But it's always astonishing to me, how much influence the right pick has! I just love my Ibanez M(edium) rubber plecs. In combination with the chorus pedal, it gives a wonderful rich, shiny sound. :)

I play a lot of 80s post-punk/indie/goth stuff and the chorus peddle is essential for all that. A Capo also helps get that jangly sound. I’ve been thinking about getting a Fender Jaguar (entry-level Squire or Player) to really nail that sound, but I need to remind myself I’m really not good enough yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto