Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GFL - Guitar Friends Lounge

That‘s a Dmaj7 chord, and it is indeed a pretty chord. I’ve never heard the term “jazzman’s grip” though.

Beautiful dreamy one-chord-music. When I start, I can't nearly stop.

My semi-acoustic, both pickups + chorus pedal + amp set gain full/master volume low. Works!

Edward

Bartender
"Discovered" the German brand Harley Benton. Some very nice guitars (and an excellent selection of left handers) there. It's an in-house brand for the enormous Thomann.de online retail operation. They deal directly with manufacturers, have them built to their spec, do their QA in Germany, and then sell (basically at wholesale prices) via their own massive online retail outlet. As an online business, they have fewer overheads. End result: guitars that, in my experience, are ridiculously good for the money - under a "normal" retail operation, they'd be twice the price. Thus far I have a MR Classic (a very nice take on the turn of the 60s Mosrite style), and a DC Junior in the 59 shape, with a single p90. Lovely guitar. Very pleased as this is the first time I've been able to find a left handed option at a reasonable price (Gibson, Mayer et all are at least £1500 for their left handed take on what was, by design intent back in the fifties, a simple, beginner oriented guitar) in the style of the latter. For the Mosrite style, this is the first time, in well over thirty years of looking, I have ever encountered a left handed option at any price. Enjoying myself indulging my old punk rock stylings in the bedroom...

My Ibanez AM53 is still fun, equally if with or without chorus pedal. Everytime, I'm grabbing it, jamming around, it's just big feel good. :)

theeprimitivesound

Familiar Face
Here's a 3rd of my collection, just like leather jackets, its a sickness, hahaha.
Screenshot_20240327_132709.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner