Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ghost stories please..

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Nice to see you again Miss sofia! That is a scary story. And I have to walk through a dark house to get to my bed when I turn in for the night in a few minutes, yikes!!!

Thank you kind sir and to Mr Hoosier Daddy! Sorry for scaring you good people!

May i say i am a sceptic when it comes to ghosts and things that go bump in the night. But the first story, well i stand by everything i said, i have never felt such malevolence and bad vibes living anywhere. We had to foricibly stop one of our flat mates who was an irish catholic from getting the local priest round to perform an exorcism, but only because i was that scared it would turn into something out of the Exorcist. I can laugh about it now!!

I just believe that certain places retain some kind of energy from past times, good or bad, a bit like a segment of an old film that just plays itself intermittently.

Old Rogue

Practically Family
May i say i am a sceptic when it comes to ghosts and things that go bump in the night. But the first story, well i stand by everything i said, i have never felt such malevolence and bad vibes living anywhere. We had to foricibly stop one of our flat mates who was an irish catholic from getting the local priest round to perform an exorcism, but only because i was that scared it would turn into something out of the Exorcist. I can laugh about it now!!

I just believe that certain places retain some kind of energy from past times, good or bad, a bit like a segment of an old film that just plays itself intermittently.

I have to agree with you on that. I too am not normally one who puts much stock in ghost stories, but I have experienced places that make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and you can just sense some sort of evil presence.

Crazy8s

New in Town
My business is in what used to be a Motel built around 1935. I've had a few experiences that made me question if it was haunted, including once seeing something "smokey" that was there one second and then gone the next. Lots of strange noises like someone walking on the wooden boardwalk when I know I'm the only one around. Doors being opened then closed or vice versa without anyone admitting to having touched them. Misc. stuff like that.
I intentionally didn't talk about these things with customers because I figured it could be bad for business, so I was surprised when one of my customers, out of the blue, asked "Have you ever seen any ghosts around here?". I was very surprised that she got a creepy "feeling" about the place also. Also I guess the lighthouse next door is supposedly haunted.

rue

My business is in what used to be a Motel built around 1935. I've had a few experiences that made me question if it was haunted, including once seeing something "smokey" that was there one second and then gone the next. Lots of strange noises like someone walking on the wooden boardwalk when I know I'm the only one around. Doors being opened then closed or vice versa without anyone admitting to having touched them. Misc. stuff like that.
I intentionally didn't talk about these things with customers because I figured it could be bad for business, so I was surprised when one of my customers, out of the blue, asked "Have you ever seen any ghosts around here?". I was very surprised that she got a creepy "feeling" about the place also. Also I guess the lighthouse next door is supposedly haunted.

So weird.... we stayed in a motel from the 20s on our move out west and I kept feeling something shaking me awake. It was the strangest feeling!

Roving_Bohemian

One of the Regulars
My Great Grandfather worked in a Funeral home for a few years in the 1930's. He stated more than one time dead people would sit up, yawn, turn their heads, kick their legs, make muffled laughs, and one time a dead person picked off a flower that was on a flower vase near the opening of the casket.
My grandfather worked in a morgue as an assistant in the 1950s in TN. He got night-shift and was working with a very superstitious man from Louisiana. Well one weekend my granddad was out of town and the other gent' had the place to himself... he was cleaning up and decided to lay out the corpse of a man who'd been thrown from his horse when out riding. He started to open the drawer (where they kept bodies 'till embalming) and his hand was instantly SEIZED BY THE HAND OF THE MAN INSIDE!!!!! The guy from Louisiana took off and a few hours later the undertaker came in to see an exhausted but very much ALIVE man inside the drawer! Apparently medicine then wasn't what it is now, and the man had been in a pretty bad coma... needless to say the gent' from Louisiana never came back!
My granddad also said that on other occasions the muscles would seize up and truly dead people would sit up, twitch, open their eyes, grin, or exhale! :eeek: Needless to say, he quit his job soon after and moved on to a lumberjack position in Washington state! :D

======

PS {PERSONAL OPINION} while I don't believe in "ghosts" per say I DO believe their are supernatural beings/spirits that are all around us, and I believe they can take on the form of dead loved ones, as has been evidenced by personal experience and that of friends. I believe there are spirits (both bad = Demons, and good="Angels") all around, I just think that these "encounters with the supernatural" are the few instances we know it... glances, if you will....

Good link if anyone's interested http://www.amazingfacts.org/FreeStu...SC/R/Default.aspx?7=Are-The-Dead-Really-Dead?
But I put a disclaimer on here: you don't have to look if you don't want to, I myself am turned off by "Bible-Bang-ers" that use texts as war-clubs to smash other people... so rather than doing that, I wish to provide material for the interested, and those that aren't, no hard feelings. ;) this is a polite society, let's keep it that way! :cool:

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I was the passenger in my sister's Datsun truck one night, driving along a dark road that ran along the base of some hills. I was gazing out my window and saw a white, amorphous, shifting shape cruising along with us, about 20 feet away. Sis laughed when I mentioned it, told me to roll the window down and it would be gone, sure it was a reflection. Well there it was still, keeping pace with the truck, much to my sister's amazement, as she slowed, then accelerated and slowed again. After a mile or so, it made a hard right and flew off into the night. The exit took seconds, but we all were together for a good 2 or 3 minutes.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
My grandfather worked in a morgue as an assistant in the 1950s in TN. He got night-shift and was working with a very superstitious man from Louisiana. Well one weekend my granddad was out of town and the other gent' had the place to himself... he was cleaning up and decided to lay out the corpse of a man who'd been thrown from his horse when out riding. He started to open the drawer (where they kept bodies 'till embalming) and his hand was instantly SEIZED BY THE HAND OF THE MAN INSIDE!!!!! The guy from Louisiana took off and a few hours later the undertaker came in to see an exhausted but very much ALIVE man inside the drawer! Apparently medicine then wasn't what it is now, and the man had been in a pretty bad coma... needless to say the gent' from Louisiana never came back!
My granddad also said that on other occasions the muscles would seize up and truly dead people would sit up, twitch, open their eyes, grin, or exhale! :eeek: Needless to say, he quit his job soon after and moved on to a lumberjack position in Washington state! :D

======

PS {PERSONAL OPINION} while I don't believe in "ghosts" per say I DO believe their are supernatural beings/spirits that are all around us, and I believe they can take on the form of dead loved ones, as has been evidenced by personal experience and that of friends. I believe there are spirits (both bad = Demons, and good="Angels") all around, I just think that these "encounters with the supernatural" are the few instances we know it... glances, if you will....

Good link if anyone's interested http://www.amazingfacts.org/FreeStu...SC/R/Default.aspx?7=Are-The-Dead-Really-Dead?
But I put a disclaimer on here: you don't have to look if you don't want to, I myself am turned off by "Bible-Bang-ers" that use texts as war-clubs to smash other people... so rather than doing that, I wish to provide material for the interested, and those that aren't, no hard feelings. ;) this is a polite society, let's keep it that way! :cool:
I can say I have a belief in things that take place in the here and now, and they are in my opinion, linked to what we will have to go to when our time is over on this earth. I have always thought our "spirits" or "souls" if you want to call them that, are sort of like electrical impulses of information stored inside of us, much like the programs on the computer. Instead of things going out into the internet, I myself think, we go out into another dimension...one that maybe labeled or commonly called, heaven. As for known science, it is stated we cannot create nor totally destroy matter but we can change it's form, I think the form of us, in ways, our "spirits" leave our body with all the "program" we obtained while alive. That just as the material of your computer frame and housing holds your "programs" in it, so your body holds your programs. I always desire to have an open mind when it comes to things we do not know everything about. I do respect not everyone will have a faith or belief in a God, and I think it is their choice the same as it is for those that do believe. I smile with no disrespect to anyone that a favorite "T Shirt I own say, "yes Jesus is coming back,...and boy is he pissed"!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I was the passenger in my sister's Datsun truck one night, driving along a dark road that ran along the base of some hills. I was gazing out my window and saw a white, amorphous, shifting shape cruising along with us, about 20 feet away. Sis laughed when I mentioned it, told me to roll the window down and it would be gone, sure it was a reflection. Well there it was still, keeping pace with the truck, much to my sister's amazement, as she slowed, then accelerated and slowed again. After a mile or so, it made a hard right and flew off into the night. The exit took seconds, but we all were together for a good 2 or 3 minutes.
I would have had to park some place, have a few shots of Jack Daniels, smoked about two packs of lucky strikes and changed my darn drawers, if that happened to me!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Buy better booze and they'll go away.

They do say at times booze can do that to people. But I have met one person who for a few weeks claimed something was crawling all over him at night, and that he was scared like crazy. People did not believe him at all. But the kicker of it was, he had roaches!

rue

Hey, that is what you get for staying in the Bates Motel!

I guess so lol

They do say at times booze can do that to people. But I have met one person who for a few weeks claimed something was crawling all over him at night, and that he was scared like crazy. People did not believe him at all. But the kicker of it was, he had roaches!

ewwwwwwww...........

One thing that's been spooking me out a little lately is sometimes when I come home at night I'll find the lights on either in the front bedroom that serves as my office or the bathroom across the hall when I'm 100% CERTAIN that I turned them off when I left.

I've thought about it but I'm not sure I really want to see the results. :eeek: lol

See 3:07 (and no, that's not what you're going to see)
[video=youtube;PURj-w5otiw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PURj-w5otiw[/video]

[video=youtube;7sjzjyfPJqA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sjzjyfPJqA&feature=related[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails