Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
lyburnum said:
As far as choosing a corset size, it's best to check with the retailer to see how they size them. Kaos corsets has a sizing chart on their site - you choose a corset waist 2-4" smaller than your natural waist. http://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=kaoscorsets

OMG ! I love the top right polka-dot, and they do made to measure!!!!!!:eek:
Thanks for the link Lyburnum, oh well there goes my next pay cheque.

That's really brightened up my day as I am stuck at home with a nasty case of bronchitis at the moment and not feeling at all glamourous.:)

I'd love to see your whale boned corset, any chance of pics?

Joli7211

Familiar Face
Well, I just bought this:

blkcorset.JPG

I can't wait to get it! :D ;)

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Joli7211 said:
Well, I just bought this:

blkcorset.JPG

I can't wait to get it! :D ;)

That's really pretty, and looks like it is cut for a bit of room at the rear and on the hips so it should be comfortable too.
What will you wear it with?

MissHannah

One Too Many
lyburnum said:
I'm probably the same size as you. I'm a natural 24.5, and with the power mesh waist cincher I'm an inch smaller at 23.5.

Thanks for the info - that's exactly what i wanted to know! My waist increases by an inch in winter (lots of sitting around in doors being cosy!) so there are a couple of skirts and trousers I can't wear comfortably, or without unsightly bulging either side of the waistband. A cincher would do the job nicely.

Joli7211

Familiar Face
AllaboutEve said:
That's really pretty, and looks like it is cut for a bit of room at the rear and on the hips so it should be comfortable too.
What will you wear it with?

I don't know. I'm just starting to get some "vintage" pieces. At this point I'll probably work on shape rather than actual vintage pieces. I also have to consider that I'm on my own with 4 kids, so I have to make every penny count. I figure if the silhouette is right, I'll still give a pretty good hint at what I'm at...

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
ohairas said:
I'm new to girldles and garterbelts... if I got something like this, does it show under clothing? What would be best for a pencil skirt?
http://ladygrace.com/product.asp?pn=1011&name=Crown Pull On Girdlette
Nikki

It shouldn't, but I would still wear a slip of sorts over it.

Also, as a hint to everyone who wears girdles and garters (sorry if this has been mentioned before) wear your panties OVER the garter if you can... it makes using the ladies room a lot easier. They never shown it worn that way, but that is how I hear they did. Makes sense too!

Mojito

One Too Many
My mother agrees with you, LolitaHaze! I was showing her some new stockings, and she had a chuckle, remembering her first garter belt (must have been in the 50s or early 60s). "No one told me the panties over the belt...and it made things complicated the first time I wore them!"

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Lolita! Wow, talk about a big DOH! :eusa_doh:
Panties OVER garters.... I may start wearing stocking much more often now!
Nikki
LolitaHaze said:
It shouldn't, but I would still wear a slip of sorts over it.

Also, as a hint to everyone who wears girdles and garters (sorry if this has been mentioned before) wear your panties OVER the garter if you can... it makes using the ladies room a lot easier. They never shown it worn that way, but that is how I hear they did. Makes sense too!

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
ShooShooBaby said:
i don't think i've seen it posted, but i read that Dita von Teese is going to be designing a line of undergarments for Wonderbra!!! i can't wait to see them!

*wait, i just reread it.... what's this about the UK and France?! :eek:

What a shame that she's picked/been approached by Wonderbra and not Rigby and Peller!! Now THAT would have been a class act!!

Don't worry ShooShooBaby they probably mean that they will be launching it the UK and France in September and that they will be launching it in the USA either before or after this, I can't begin to imagine that they would miss out the U.S market!

I will contact them to see if I can find out more, I also want to know if they will be catering for a wider range of sizes than some of the standard line Wonderbras do ......... :)

Thanks for the link!

:eek:fftopic: I couldn't help notice that Dita looks like all of her shoes are about a couple of sizes too big in all of her photos on that site!!!![huh]

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Funny girdle story

I recently got a Rago six-garter girdle which I love.

In mentioning the fabulous seams to a friend the other day, she said, "I know, you showed all of us at X's party!"

I WHAT? I have no recollection of this... must have been the booze...

Joli7211

Familiar Face
Miss 1929 said:
I recently got a Rago six-garter girdle which I love.

In mentioning the fabulous seams to a friend the other day, she said, "I know, you showed all of us at X's party!"

I WHAT? I have no recollection of this... must have been the booze...

Oy Vey!:eusa_doh: :eek:

PS

A-List Customer
hmmm. a vanished post!

where do i find ruffled undies? WKD has some they cann Frilly Knickers, but I can't bring myself to spend 30 bucks plus shipping on a single pair of underpants.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
PS said:
hmmm. a vanished post!

where do i find ruffled undies? WKD has some they cann Frilly Knickers, but I can't bring myself to spend 30 bucks plus shipping on a single pair of underpants.

I would say the WKD Frilly Knickers are just the best, I have them in 2 different colours.

They are incredibly versatile as they work LIKE A DREAM with a corset and you can wear the sides high up on the hip by bunching them up (and they stay there) or you can wear the sides down. They are flattering to figures of all shapes and sizes and will make you fall in love with your bottom all over againlol lol because it will just look sooooo cute!!

They have a new Raspberry Pink colour which I am lusting after.

I appreciate just how steep the exchange rate is for you ladies at the moment but I cannot rate this company or it's gorgeous, gorgeous undies enough!

There are lots of frilly undies to be had on Ebay too, and sometimes you can get real bargains, have a search for Miss Ophelia Fancy, or if you are lucky you may find something by Buttress and Sn*tch (they are usually very expensive but are all hand made just down the road from where I live!!):)

P.S...........I just checked the Bay and there is nothing showing at the moment, but I do believe that the latter is available in the U.S, I'm not sure how expensive they would be though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany