Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Girdles, Corsets, and Underpinnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smuterella

One Too Many
well, I tested tonight and my cincher definitely doesn't show under my white slip and pale ish dresses. perhaps I have an unusually thick slip or my dresses aren't that sheer

shrug

perhaps I am colour blind

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Smuterella said:
well, I tested tonight and my cincher definitely doesn't show under my white slip and pale ish dresses. perhaps I have an unusually thick slip or my dresses aren't that sheer

Be sure to step outside in the bright sunlight and have someone check for you. It is very easy to forget that, while something may look good under your indoor lighting, once you step outside, it's a whole new world, and that some things that look fine inside stick out like a sore thumb under different lighting.

Smuterella

One Too Many
oh yes, and the critical camera test, even bright daylight won't show what a camera flash will

but, to be honest, its the least of my worries

the slutty look kinda suits me :D

Smuterella

One Too Many
I feel compelled to add my main worry being that my stomach pokes out even with the cincher

I'm a hopeless case

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Prices starting at $2.50

The girl who supplies me with my favorite girdles and cinchers is getting out of the business, resulting in some breathtakingly cheap deals. www.shapeu.com She provides the best customer service I've ever gotten from any business whatsoever and I can't recommend her enough. She will answer any questions or provide suggestions, especially if something you want is sold out. When I needed a Rago a couple of years ago she had the best price and it arrived in a couple of days! I've been a happy foundation customer ever since.
N. B.: I have a list of all of the items that are at cheap bargain prices and will forward it to anyone if you ask me, as I'm not sure they are all listed on the website. Please pm me your email address as the list is too large for one pm.
Ashley

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I've seen people say that they wouldn't wear vintage nightgowns. I probably would never wear vintage panties/knickers or vintage swimsuit, for the same reasons. I do wonder how people feel about vintage slips. The local JC Penny claims that the stores don't carry full slips anymore and I've found a ton of nice ones on eBay. Do you think slips carry the same hygiene issue? Would you wear a vintage slip?

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
kamikat said:
I've seen people say that they wouldn't wear vintage nightgowns. I probably would never wear vintage panties/knickers or vintage swimsuit, for the same reasons. I do wonder how people feel about vintage slips. The local JC Penny claims that the stores don't carry full slips anymore and I've found a ton of nice ones on eBay. Do you think slips carry the same hygiene issue? Would you wear a vintage slip?

I have worn vintage slips before. But I no longer find them in my size for what I want to pay. I have worn vintage swimsuits, knickers and all of the above and I don't have problem as long yopu replace the lining in that area.I do have a problem with peaople wearing the really intricate stuff b/c its getting few far between to purchase. I would rather embroider my new slips and such then endanger a vintage set. I got my new full slips at dilliards and kohls.

Samantha

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Almost all of my slips are vintage and I have no problem wearing them, as they are plentiful and cheap at local thrift stores - and easy to dye whatever color I want. I don't think slips carry any hygiene issues. What's so different about wearing a slip than wearing a dress?

As for vintage panties, I won't go there unless they're deadstock (there are so many fine repros anyway). Swimsuits however are fine, I think. Just wear a thong underneath.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:

I wear vintage nightgowns, but I only wear them too bed. I sleep nekked, so they have to come off. As for vintage swimsuits, I wear those as well. But I will admit, I wear my own cotton panties under it. The bottom of my suit is baggie enough so I can get away with this. I haven't purchased any vintage knickers, but I suspect if I did and they were tap pant style, I would wear those as well because I would once again wear my own panties under it. I am a strange bird, but I need that snugness in that area and that is why I can't ever go pantyless. It freaks me out. lol I wear vintage slips also. To me, they are no different than a dress... and if it is hot enough, I tend to wear them as such!

Miss_Bella_Hell

Strapless bras

Ok, big busted gals - please tell me if you have any strapless bras you love! I have two longlines that work like magic, but both are vintage and dark colors. I need a light colored one and I've had a hard time finding anything on ebay. I purchased a longline on ebay a few years back and it was a total joke - the supposed D-cup was more like a B. I'm a 34DD - so if anyone has recs, please share!

Miss_Bella_Hell

PS said:
Miss_Bella_Hell, does the bra have to be vintage? I have a modern one from Lillyette.....that I quite like. It is a substantial bra and doesn't flatten my breasts like most strapless bras do...they also offer this same strapless style in a minimizer........
http://www.maidenform.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=70671&categoryId=71&wtlCategory=Lilyette%20%AE%20Full%20Figure&parentCategoryId=4

It doesn't have to be vintage. That link doesn't have my size but I'll keep an eye out, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy